Sunday, November 2, 2008

A Cccccrazy Halloween!


Kamryn (a little bunny) and Porter (little bat) I think his big eyes fit the costume perfectly!

Morgan (the orphan) & Jordyn (the bride) I sure wish I would've made Morgan a little sign to hang around her neck that said, "will work for candy"

Regan (Miss America) & Kaleb (construction worker)
This is the large amount of candy my kids came home with! They had to surrender a large portion of it to be used for Gingerbread houses in the next few weeks which they are pretty excited about!
I will forever remember this Halloween! It started with us leaving our house at 5:45 A.M. in order to make it to Logan by 8:00 for dental appts with Stanton. I know, kind of a funny day to see the dentist but the kids were out of school and DJ had the day off and, hey, atleast we started the candy fest with clean teeth, right??? What was supposed to be a quick, up and back, trip turned in to much more! A few of us (okay, ME, Regan, Morgan, & Kaleb) ended up needing some work done so poor Stanton put in a full days work taking care of us. Reg & Morg got sealents put on, Kaleb got his funky split tooth filled in (hooray) and I had an old filling removed and a very large cavity filled. I guess my addiction to candy has finally caught up to me and I just may have to cut back. Does anyone know of a candy-aholics group I could sign up for??? Anyway, to condense a very long day, here goes:
* Poor Kaleb had to go w/out food from 6:00 a.m. clear until 3:3o in the afternoon due to his little procedure on his tooth. Good thing he was sedated for a couple of hours during that time. He was so happy to have some chicken nuggets and fries after all that time and ate every last bite with his eyes half closed. After the last bite, he was gone and slept the rest of the way home.
* Juj was gracious enough to watch Regan, Morgan, & Jordyn and fed them lunch while DJ and I did a little shopping with Kaleb and the babies! Juj, thanks a million and sorry for the serious INVASION! I should note that she and her 4 kids came back to the office with us to get our work done and helped with babies while I was enjoying a large dose of "happy gas" in the dentist chair. That's the most relaxed I've been in a long time, (sad but true)
* Stanton is great at what he does!! He worked like a mad man on my tooth so as to get us out the door by 3:00 so we could make it back to Idaho Falls for the trunk-or-treat! We were all packed in the van and headed out of town by 3:30.
* We made it home 15 minutes before the activity. We literally threw the kids costumes on, fixed bottles, grabbed jackets, grabbed candy & pumpkins and made it to the church just in time for the fun. The kids looked adorable and were very excited and relieved that we had made it. Kaleb was still a little loopy from the sedation so I had to hold his hand the entire time or he'd fall over on his face. By the end of the evening he had recovered and was in candy heaven as I like to call it. He dumped everything out on the floor and then must've opened 10 different candies and taken one bit out of each. Poor me, I had to finish each of those 1o things.
* It was a crazy day but we had lots of fun with Juj & Stan and it was fun to see Chloe, Lily, & Brigham, oh, and Julie, all dressed in their costumes. They looked adorable, especially little Brigham in his pirate costume. For some reason it just struck me funny.....he was the cutest little pirate. Juj & Stanton, thanks again for spending your Halloween day with us. We love you!

4 comments:

Greg and Wendy said...

Crazy but fun!!!! Isn't it wonderful to have such a great guy in the family who just happens to be a dentist, too...and a darn good one at that! I'm so glad you were all able to spend the day together even though it sounds plenty hectic!

Greg and Wendy said...

Oh, and I love the kids costumes! Each fit their personalities perfectly! Very clever!

And again, Happy Birthday, dear daughter! You are such a joy!

Jocelyn said...

It was Cccccrazy! I had to just laugh at the insanity of 3 babies and a sedated Kaleb in that little waiting room PLUS 6 other kiddos running around! It was a lot of fun.

And I've said it before and I'll say it again -- I NEED A REGAN! She is so great and helpful and a real treat to talk to. Thanks for letting me have the girls for a while.

Oh, and feel free to run down to the office any time you need a little break -- that nitrous is a wonder. :)

Natie said...

Hi Cindy!
Sounds like you had quite the day. Your kids look so cute. I love Halloween pictures. Thanks for sharing them. I have you have a great day. I love you.

P.S. I need to join candy-aholics also. Let me know what you find out!!!