Monday, November 3, 2008

Good Students!

DJ and I had the opportunity to visit with Regan and Morgan's teachers last week. They are both doing so well and we enjoyed visiting with their teachers.

Regan's was a student lead conference so she went with us and was prepared to go through all of her assignments, tests, grades, etc. with us. She was so excited because she received 5 A's and 1 A- and she's really worked hard for them. She is a lot like I used to be with my school work....things didn't always come easy but if I studied really hard, I usually did well. Regan happens to be really good at math (unlike me) so I'm really relieved that she got DJ's "math brains." She really enjoys reading and has excellent handwriting, something she also got from her dad. She says 5th grade is a lot harder and she feels like she's really growing up. I agree, I can't believe I have a 10 year old. Only 1 more year and she'll be in middle school. YIKES!!

Morgan is a great little student. Things come pretty easy to her so far so the key to her is keeping her busy with new challenges. Her teacher is so sweet and takes extra time to come up with new things to keep her busy. She sends home 2nd grade homework sheets along with her other homework and it has really changed Morgan's attitude about school. She comes right home and happily does her homework! She is a great reader and loves going to the library every day to hunt for new books. She has the opportunity to go to a discovery class once a week for 2 hours with some other kids in the school. They do some fun and challenging things with the kids so she really loves it. I'm really proud of both she and Regan for working so hard. Keep it up guys!

2 comments:

Greg and Wendy said...

Grandma and Grandpa are very proud as well! Way to go, Regan and Morgan!

Lori Wilson said...

Way to go you two! What a couple of smarty-pants(es)!!!! :)