Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Proof that you don't have to spend a lot of money on kids!

Ever since Jordyn's B-day in October, she has worn the glasses G & G Rose bought her on top of her head, not on her eyes, but on her head. Every morning it's the same routine, get up, go to the bathroom, get dressed, put on glasses, eat breakfast. It seriously cracks me up, she loves them more than anything else she owns & they probably cost all of $5.00!! She does take them off for church, bed, and bath, but not much else. My friends & neighbors get the biggest kick out of her & always comment on the cute glasses each time they see her & she just grins from ear to ear. I just love that she LOVES them so much.

While on the subject of Jordyn, I should record a few funny things about her. Yesterday we were in Old Navy shopping and she spotted the cutest vest and proceeded to tell me how much she loved it. I'm not one to just buy something just because my kid likes it so I said, well, maybe, just maybe you could ask Santa for it, Jordyn's reply, (with hand on her hip) "mom, now how am I going to explain that vest to Santa" (with a look on her face like "duh, mom")

Last week I was sitting at the computer paying bills when she came in to see what I was doing and this is how the conversation went:

JORDYN: Mom, you are SOOOO lucky you get to pay bills, I wish I could pay bills too.

ME: Do I look like I'm having fun, Jordyn????

JORDYN: Well, yes, you get to type on the computer and you have that neat little book that you write in (check book), I just wish I could have one!!

ME: Someday you won't think paying bills is very fun but if you really want to I'm sure I can find some old checkbooks, etc. around here.

So, for the next hour she worked ferverishly on packing her own purse with "mom" items, checkbook, calculator, pen, notebook, cell phone, gum, you get the idea. The next day we had to go to the bank and while there I grabbed an extra check register and cover and you would've thought I'd withdrawn a million dollars for the kid, she was that excited and has been ever since. Going to the store has suddenly become a lot easier because she brings her purse along and says she's being like me. I remind her on occasion that mom's don't whine or cry, OR, park themselves directly in front of the cart while someone is trying to push their cart (you get the idea.) Anyway, paying bills is also more pleasant these days because she pays her make-believe bills downstairs at her desk and I pay mine in peace upstairs.

There is honestly never a dull moment when Jordyn is around, she's either really funny or really, well.....not so funny. If I could describe Jordyn in just a few sentences it would go like this, friendly, spunky, painfully honest, LOUD (which is why I suffer from migraines), big tease (she drives Kaleb absolutely batty & receives many spankings because of it), loveable, chatty, adorable, smart (sometimes too smart for her own good), LOUD (oh, did I mention that already) hehehe! Anyway, I do love her even though she can make me crazy!!

5 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Man she's cute.

I let Chloe play some games on the computer this afternoon (why do I NEVER do that???) and she was in heaven, too.

Nigbur Family said...

She is a crack up! Thanks to her, we had to go to the bank yesterday and get an extra check register. Now Ky proudly has a checkbook too! Ha!

janna said...

She is a character. When I read this it reminded me how last year in Sunbeams class, she told me that you were going to have twins.... And she would not let me think of anything else. I thought she was talking about my twins....

She's a cutie

Greg and Wendy said...

Without a doubt the best $5.00 we ever spent! Love that girl!!!

Unknown said...

Okay, I totally loved the checkbook thing when I was little too. How hilarious! I even lucked out and got a teacher in 5th grade who assigned everyone checkbooks, and he would give us a deposit for being good, but we'd have to write him a check when we were bad. Jordyn's just awesome.