Friday, August 22, 2008

Anyone looking for a low paying stinky job??

Potty training.....need I say more? This is one of the only things I would actually consider paying someone to do but since I'm low on cash, I'm afraid I won't get any takers to do Kaleb! Somehow I've managed to potty train 3 girls but I still feel like a total amateur in this area. Anyway, I woke up on Tuesday morning and decided that I was through changing 3 bums and informed Kaleb that we were chucking his diapers and he was wearing big boy underwear.
Day 1 (3 hours in to it)-ready to give his diapers right back but decided I better not go back on my word, (6 hours in to it and 4 potty accidents, 2 poopy accidents)- not really caring about going back on my word, biting my tongue, pulling my hair out and wondering why I thought I could potty train a kid with 2 nursing needy babies....but talked myself in to moving forward. Long story short, here we are 3 days later, Kaleb just about has the potty thing down, has very few accidents that way, wears underwear to bed and wakes up dry, still not doing so well with the poopy thing but making some progress. Can't go back now and really don't want to....just praying for patience and hoping this will be over soon. By the way, the offer is still open for a low paying, stinky job. ANY TAKERS??

9 comments:

Brooke said...

I should send you my mother-in-law! She came to 'visit' after the twins were born and we put her to work potty training Savannah. I'm sure it's not the reason she came to visit but she had her trained before she left! It was great.

Cindy said...

Boy are you lucky! Do you have any idea how she got Savannah to go poopy, we've pretty well mastered the potty thing but he is scared to death about the other thing. Any ideas would be grand!

Greg and Wendy said...

Such a delightful post! I am not, however, volunteering for the dirty, stinky job! I already did it four times! I think Kaleb's doing remarkably well and it will probably just require patience...which under your circumstances could be in short supply right now! Hey, can you remember what you did with Jordyn to get her over the fright? I know she had the same problem. Come one moms everywhere! Give us some ideas!

The Florida Roses said...

Do you pay relocation fees??? If so I'm in! :)

Cindy said...

of course I do, just for you Sara! Love you tons! By the way, I still can't access your blog, I miss reading it, could you add me??????

Christie said...

That is one job I am so very thankful that I never have to do again. 4 kids and 2 dogs later, I can officially say I very much dislike potty training. But a tip from training Daisee May (the dog) just give them a treat everytime they do it outside and it works like a charm, besides when she goes outside she gets to play, hey theres an idea, just let him do it outside and get a treat and he'll be trained in no time. I'm sure the neighbors won't mind a bit!!! HaHA!!! Love ya, Good Luck

Lori Wilson said...

Yikes, you've just reminded me that potty training is around the corner for me again. I had conveniently "forgotten" about that. Hmmm...you might just google the poopy problem, and I'm sure you'll get a million ideas. That is a very common problem. I'm rooting for you. Way to go!!

Jaedon Flora said...

Cindy - You are the best. Thanks for the good laugh and congrats on getting Kaleb potty trained. Love you!

The Florida Roses said...

Cindy-
I am soooo sorry! I didn't know you couldn't access our blog! I just sent you an invite...let me know if you still have problems!
Love ya!
Sara