Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Hooray for Kaleb!

We're happy to report that the "low-paying, stinky job" is no longer accepting applicants. Kaleb is officially potty trained! He did amazing with the potty thing but struggled a bit with the other until I got a helpful tip from my sister, Julie. I bought a cheap little toy and put it high up in the bathroom (light fixture worked great) and told him he could have it when he went poopy and two days later, he did it and was so excited! Grandpa Rose was here on Friday evening picking up Jordyn for a weekend away and Kaleb wanted to go so bad so Grandpa told him he would be a big boy and get potty trained, he could go and stay with him! A little bribery never hurt anyone, right??? Anyway, he hasn't had any accidents for two days and even wears underwear to bed!!! I never thought I'd be so excited about only having 2 in diapers!! Thanks for all the great ideas! Way to go Kaleb!!

While on the subject of Kaleb I have to share some funny "Kaleb moments." Yesterday he came up with Regan's portable CD player and headphones on singing "Bop to the Top" from High School Musical. I looked to see if it was actually playing and it wasn't but he was having the best time. This is what happens when you have 3 older sisters.

Kaleb will be playing outside with the girls and he'll come in with this funny somber look on his face and say, "mom, the girls are being rude," and then he'll get a huge grin on his face and start giggling. I don't think he knows what rude means but has just spent a lot of time listening to the girls taddle on one another.

2 comments:

Greg and Wendy said...

First of all, let me say that I am so impressed that you posted at 6:56 am this morning! How in the world? And way to go, Kaleb buddy! Is there such a thing as parenting WITHOUT bribery? I can't imagine! Anyway, Grandma and Grandpa will take him anytime! He is now officially a little boy and ready to come and ride Baxter with Grandpa. (Baxter is healed up just in time!)Love you all!

Andreaspon said...

Hey Cindy! Your kids are SO Adorable and the twins...they fit right in they look so much like all their sisters and brother! How are you guys? I was excited to hear you had a blog, now maybe I might be able to keep in touch better! You look SO GREAT (like always) and I can't believe how much your kids have grown up. Give us a call next time your in town we would love to see you guys!
And by the way we have a blog too if you want to check it out its www.andreaspon.com
Oh, and congrats. on the potty training, I have one I am working on, thanks for the tip I will have to give it a try.

Andrea