Friday, August 22, 2008

Back to School!


The girls started school yesterday and both had a great days! Morgan is in 1st grade and has Mrs. Walker and Regan is in 5th grade and has Mrs. O'Donnell. How did I get so old? As I was taking pictures of the girls as they were heading out to the bus yesterday I took a look at Regan and couldn't believe how grown up she looked! She's really changed this summer and is becoming a young woman instead of my little girl. Okay, I know that sounds really cheesy but it's the truth!! Anyway, it was a fun morning because the girls were giggling and chatting down in their bedroom as they were picking out their "first day of school outfit" (I remember those days!) They both looked adorable and as sad as I was to see my 2 helpers walk out the door, I couldn't help but be excited for them! Hopefully it will be a great year for both. I have to say that it was a very long day for me with no extra arms around to hold babies besides little Jordy. She's a big help it some areas but unfortunatly can't carry around fussy babies. She did climb up on the bed with Porter this morning and talked to him for a good 20 minutes while I was getting ready and he was more than entertained with all of her singing and talking. This afternoon I gave her the job of taking all the grapes off 2 huge packages of grapes so I set her up on the bar where Kamryn was hanging out in her bouncy chair. Kamryn started to fuss so Jordyn was trying to calm her and after a couple of minutes of Kamryn not calming she said, "Shush Kamryn, I need to concentrate (as if taking grapes off the vine takes a great deal of concentration) hmm....... I wonder where she's heard that before???

3 comments:

Jocelyn said...

My favorite part of Regan's picture is Kaleb in the background with no pants on!

The girls look adorable.

Lori Wilson said...

The girls look so sweet. I can't believe Regan is in 5th grade. Ahhhh, middle school is just around the corner. It seems like just yesterday that I was in 8th grade and I was sure I was as mature as I would ever be! Wow, does time fly.

Jordy cracks me up - what a doll. She is so stinkin' smart, she'll have her Kindergarten teacher in stitches next year. Look out!

Greg and Wendy said...

They look way too grown up! I love the picture of the two girls hugging because I know they really do love each other that much!