Friday, August 8, 2008

Porter and Kamryn's Blessing Day!

Kaleb, Cindy (holding Kamryn), Grandma Johnson (holding Porter), Grandma Rose (holding Jordyn), Regan and Morgan

Sunday we blessed the twins and were thrilled to have so much support from both of our families. We had a luncheon at 11:00 before the blessing and then headed to the church at 1:00. DJ gave both Porter and Kamryn beautiful blessings and they were both so good during them. Thank you to everyone who came that day to spend the day with us. DJ felt so bad that he couldn't be with us at the house but was glad to see everyone at the church for a second. Sundays are so busy now that he is the Bishop and we rarely see him other than at meetings but I'm thankful that he is willing to serve and appreciate his example to our children. We took some cute pictures of the babies that day but you'll notice that their daddy isn't in any of them... he wasn't home before or after church so that's why. We plan to cheat and dress them back up in their blessing outfits and take pictures next Sunday. Anyway, a big thanks to mom and dad Teichert and Mom and Dad Rose for all your help in preparing the meal and all the food that was brought from family was YUMMY!!!! We love you Porter and Kamryn!




I almost forgot to mention that I ended this wonderful day with a massive case of Mastitis (don't know if I spelled that right) but the name is as ugly as the illness!!! I've had it 3 times before so I knew immediately what it was. I was nursing one of the babies at church when I noticed that my chest was seriously aching and I knew I was in for a big treat. By the time I arrived home I had a bad headache, fever, stomache, etc. plus the pain in my chest so as soon as everyone left, my wonderful mother saved the day again and stayed with the babies and Kaleb (the other 3 went home with Aunt Ann) while I headed for the pharmacy and after literally dragging myself to 3 different Walgreen stores (thanks to some misinformation) I got the medication and made my way home, barely. In all honesty, I don't remember ever being that sick, I just wanted to die. Okay, that sounds dramatic but I didn't even feel like holding my babies so I guess I had to be pretty sick. Mom came up Monday night and stayed until Tuesday night which I appreciated SOOO much. I still didn't have much energy Tuesday and the babies were fussy so she held babies all day and kept things going in the house. THANKS MOM!! I finally feeling normal today, well, I really don't know what "normal" is but I'm feeling back to the way I was and able to do what I need to! I hope I don't get that stuff again soon....not fun.

More pics from the wonderful day!




1 comment:

janna said...

They looked so cute! I hope you are feeling better too.

Kamryn was smiling to day in sacrament. She is catching up to Porter too.

I need to not type and just come over and help you!

Thanks for always being so sweet.

Love Janna