Thursday, September 1, 2011

We're riding big kid bikes!

Kami and Porter all the sudden looked like giants riding their little trikes so DJ decided to move them in to "big kid bikes."  Kaleb was pretty excited about the whole deal because it meant he'd get a new bike.  It just so happened that my friend was giving away an old bike that had been given to her that just needed a good tune-up so we took it down to the bike shop and for $30 bucks we have an awesome new bike for Kaleb!  Kami and Porter are both doing awesome on training wheels but Porter is definetly the more brave one which is kind of unusual but they were riding around like little pro's on our bike ride tonight. 


Speaking of these two little people.  They are constantly entertaining one another (for better or for worse)  They fight like cats and dogs but they will be the first to defend one another.  I told my mom yesterday that Porter will be the first one to push Kami down but he'll always be the first one to pick her up:)  I guess this is pretty typical sibling behavior but it's just really funny to watch with these two.  Anyway, I just can't believe they are getting so big.  I've had several of my neighbors tell me that they thought for sure they were Jordyn and Kaleb riding these bikes.  I have to admit, I'll look out the kitchen window while they are riding and it throws me off for a half a second.  They are growing up right before my eyes and I'm a little sad about it!

This is one of their latest games called, "Porter in the box"

3 comments:

Brooke said...

Oh my word, I can't believe how advanced your "babies" are! Wow! You're amazing!

Greg and Wendy said...

Like "Juge in the box"? Too cute! I meant to tell you last night that I couldn't believe how they are riding bikes so well (with training wheels). Porter was the one who wanted to ride down into the streetand itreally surprised me! If even YOU think they have grown up before your eyes, then they have! For some reason, the last couple of weeks they changed from toddlers to just one of the kids! Makes me sad, too! But they are so adorable to watch and listen to. We adore them!

Greg and Wendy said...

Oh, and I LOVE the look on Kami's face in that last picture! I've seen it just a time or two!haha