Wednesday, June 15, 2011

We're BIG!

Porter and Kamryn turned, "BIG" on Saturday.  Actually they turned "3" but whenever you ask them how old they are, they reply, "I'm BIG."  Who can argue with that??  They day was great!  It started with their birthday breakfast request of "Germo pancakes" (German pancakes)  This is their absolute favorite breakfast!  I think it's so cute that they have many of the same likes and I'm not complaining because otherwise I'd be cooking two special breakfasts!

German pancakes look awesome for approximately 1 minute after taking them from the oven and then all that buttery, fluffy, crawling up the side of the pan stuff goes away and this is what you are left with.  Oh well, it's never stopped us from enjoying every last bite of this yummy breakfast! 
Since they are big now, they would have nothing to do with us cutting up their pancakes so while Kamryn carefully cut bite-sized pieces (didn't even know she could do such a thing), Porter just opted to shovel the whole thing in his mouth, a boy after his daddy's heart!
They've both been begging for sunglasses for the longest time and Kamryn made it very clear that she didn't want any toys for her birthday, just cake and fun stuff (not toys).  She honestly doesn't play with toys, I mean your typical little girly toys.  She loves baby dolls but doesn't really play with them in the true sense of the word. She would rather build blocks, dress magnetic dolls, ride her bike, organize and arrange colorful items of any kind, play in the sandbox, play cars with Porter, play outside, jump on the tramp, and play "house" with the other kids.  I kept naming off ideas for toys for her B-Day and she kept getting irritated with me and saying, "no toys" so she got a new swimming suit, a ball, her own water bottle, and she and Porter both got the coolest portable bean bag toss game that we found the night before their birthday at Big 5 Sporting Goods.  The kids have had a blast with it and she's excited because apparently this isn't a toy.  Funny kid!  Grandma and Grandpa Rose bought both she and Porter the cutest portable saucer camp chairs and G&G Teichert sent them both money which they haven't spent yet!  Thanks Grandma's and Grandpa's!

Porter loved his new church outfit and was happy to get the same things Kami got, sunglasses, water bottle, ball, and bean bag toss game.  Though they have some differences in food preferences, they pretty much have the same likes and dislikes.  And, whatever one has, the other one wants, which might explain their bathroom habits being right on schedule as well. (I know, too much information but it's true)
Porter is ALL boy.  He loves trucks, trains, tractors, mud, sticks, wrestling, hitting, spitting, pottying outside, etc.  The being said, he's one of my most snuggly kids and has the most contagious smile.  He's definetly more mischievious than any of the other kids and has quite the temper.  My mom reminded me the other day of my terrible temper as a kid, hopefully he'll grow out of his :):) 

As far as B-Day cakes go, I really thought they'd be more adventurous in their choice but they made it very clear again that they wanted a blue cake and a purple cake with 3 candles to blow out.  The kids kept giving them ideas for race track cakes, butterfly cakes, etc. but no amount of convincing worked.  (thank goodness) I was perfectly happy with their easy choice!
Ever since the girls got their hair cut, Kami has begged me to take her to get her's cut.  I'm cheap so I decided to cut it by myself and it actually turned out pretty darn cute.  I'm happy because I saved myself $10.00! 


Stinking cute kids in some stinking cute chairs--Grandpa and Grandma and pretty darn cute themselves!

Happy "Big" Birthday, Porter and Kami!

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

What? I'm so confused because I was thinking your twins aren't much older than drake so how could they be 3??? Then I realized they aren't that much older than drake- just a year and a half! Are we really halfway to 3!!! Crazy! They are so adorable and you always dress them do darling!!!

Brooke said...

Yay for three! :) They are so cute and grown up!

Greg and Wendy said...

We still call them our babies and they aren't babies anymore...they're BIG! It was such a fun birthday party, Cindy. Thanks for everything. Dinner was DELICIOUS and so are our six little Teichert kids! I love, love, love Kami's hair! Great job, honey!

Seth and Natalie said...

You have the cutest little kids. Seriously they are such lookers! Happy birthday!

Lori Wilson said...

They've grown up so much in the last couple of months. Music camp is going to be a blast!