Thursday, June 16, 2011

Dog tired

And....this explains why:
5:00 a.m.-woke up suddenly worrying about Regan since she left on Trek yesterday--I really wasn't that worried about her until I went to bed and all the sudden it hit me that she's not safe and sound downstairs in her bed.  I love her and miss her so much.  I guess I must have fallen back asleep fairly quickly because next thing I know it was 6:00.
6:00- awakened to Kamryn crying for no good reason other than she ALWAYS wakes up grumpy--the kid makes me crazy for approximately 20 minutes after she wakes up from bedtime and naptime.  Anyway, she crawled in bed with us and not 2 minutes later, Porter makes himself comfortable in our bed. To make matters worse, they both must have some part of their bodies touching mine...if I move over to get away, they move closer, I know, I should think it's adorable but I don't like people touching me while I sleep. 
6:30-finally muster enough strength to get out of bed and start my day--scripture study as a family, breakfast for everyone, make DJ's lunch, send hubby out the door
7:30-Tidy the house, quick shower, do a few dishes, convince everyone to change in to swimming suits and find their towels AND grab extra clothes to change in to so we can make a mad dash to the church for baseball/t-ball
8:00-get everyone out to the car and head for swimming lessons and 5 minutes down the road it hit me that I forgot my purse.  No big deal other than I just don't like being w/out my purse--what if I get pulled over??  So, the kids ask all sorts of questions about what would happen if I got pulled over and didn't have my drivers license which leads to a big discussion on how you obtain a drivers license which leads to another big discussion about traffic lights, signs, speed limits, etc.  It was actually one of the most pleasant trips in the car we've had because no one was fighting and everyone was watching for the next sign on the side of the road so I could explain what it meant. I wasn't speeding because I had 5 "cops" in the car with me making sure I was obeying the speed limit.
8:20-arrive at swim lessons just enough early to apply sunscreen to 5 very white bodies and take a few of them for a quick potty break
8:30- kids are in the pool enjoying swim lessons, while I apply my makeup since I'm totally scary without it and we're headed straight to baseball and church cleaning assignment after swimming.
9:00-out of the pool, hurry and dress everyone in the car and head for the church.  Finish out baseball/t-ball with some of our friends and ward members
10:00-run over to the church for an hour with the primary kids to help them clean the building,
11:00-gather all the kids up and head for home so we can clean our own house--try to convince the kids that they still have their home jobs to do even though they just got through cleaning for an hour---which ends up in me and the kids having a mini meltdown (aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh---I'm sure this is a result of running the kids and myself ragged every day) 
12:00- Everyone pulls it together, we finish cleaning the house, grab a bit to eat and get ready for naps
1:00-  I'm just getting ready to send everyone for naps/quiet time when the doorbell rings and of course, all 5 kids have to run for the door.  It's two teenage girls from Europe selling kids educational products.  I'm sure their products are really great but I'm also sure they are REALLY expensive so I politely try to explain that she's caught me right at nap time but she insists on showing me just a few items.  I'm sure I'm rolling my eyes but with all 5 kids swarmed around me we sit on the front porch and listen to the sales pitch.  Luckily I'm still sain enough to not spend $375.00 on 12 science books for my kids and I ever so politely send them on their way.
1:30- send the little ones to bed and the older two for quiet time--I have a gigantic headache at this point and only hope to get a few minutes of down time with no one fighting, no one asking for a drink, no one calling for me to wipe their bums (Porter and Kamryn), no one begging for a friend, etc.  I get just that and a little more accomplished, bills, some laundry, a little lunch for myself, a 5 minute doze in the computer chair and suddenly it's 3:00
3:00- Kamryn wakes up honory as usual so I try not to lose my temper with her and just sit and hold her while she trys to come out of her groggy grumpy state.  Meanwhile Porter and Kaleb both wake up and need a snack and Jordyn informs me that she needs to get piano done which equates to me sitting by her side making sure she things are done right while I'm still holding a very grumpy Kamryn.
4:00-I realized I only have a little over an hour before all the kids need to be at track practice.  I frantically fix some snacks, gather up all of our stuff, tidy the house, make some phone calls, and try to figure out what to make for dinner when we get home at 7:15.
5:15- gather everyone up, load them in the van, head to track practice, sit out in the 30 mph winds with the babies while I have a little hay fever attack for an hour and a half.  My eyes were itchy, my throat was itchy, I couldn't stop sneezing, and I was really wishing I would've remembered a sudafed for the occasion.  Oh well, I had a good visit in between sneezes with a friend of mine who's son is also involved in the Gem State track club.
7:00- load up everyone in the car and head for home, hurry and whip up some parmesan chicken to throw in the oven, made some scones and vegies just in time for DJ to make it home from the temple, everyone eats and cleans up and it's off to bed.
8:30-most everyone is in bed, DJ and I have a second to visit but I'm having hard time focusing and I can't even keep my eyes open so I'm off to bed   Poor DJ, I think he'd love it if I wasn't so blasted tired but really, I'm getting old and ragged and all I want to do is sleep. 

This is just about how every day has been this summer and I only have myself to blame. Luckily swimming lessons will be over this week, baseball will be moved to 10:00, track will be over soon, and Regan will be home from trek on Friday, life might slow down, maybe........or maybe not:)

6 comments:

Brooke said...

I don't know how you do it all, once again you're my HERO! :)

Natie said...

Oh, Cindy. You are amazing! I feel worn out just taking care of my two little ones. All I can say is, you are incredible. Did you hear our exciting news? We will be getting another little girl in October. Have a great day. I love you.

Rise Up and Sing said...

Yikes, Cin! Holy cow.... I truly hope your life slows down a bit! The fact that you posted this post at 1:30 in the morning doesn't bode well, though! :) Sorry, Charlie!

Greg and Wendy said...

Can't believe you fit in a wonderful visit to Dad,Grandma, and me this afternoon and evening! Thanks so much to all of you. It was such fun and a great preface to Father's Day for Dad! We love each and every one of you so very, very much.

Seth and Natalie said...

Oh. my. gosh. That was one busy day. I really hope you do get some time to yourself sometimes, just to lay on the couch and do nothing. I love how you tidy up every couple of hours. That's one gift that children keep on giving, a dirty house.

Lindsay said...

Wow, this post made me nauseous it seemed so stressful- haha. I was reading it with my mouth wide open. Do you know that you are super woman to me???? :)