Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Love it, but hate it

I can't explain how much joy it brings me when my kids notice when something needs to be done and just get to work and do it. That's what Jordyn did for me tonight.  She noticed the kitchen was a disaster and went to work sweeping, cleaning off counters, rinsing dishes, unpacking the (dirty) dishes!!  Bless her heart, I couldn't get mad, all I could do is thank her for her hard work, put her to bed, and empty the cupboards and drawers and repack the dishwasher w/out her knowing I was undoing everything she so worked so hard to do.:):):)

6 comments:

Jocelyn said...

What a sweetheart!!!! I think I would have a heart attack if one of my children actually did something just because it needed to be done. Wow. You're right...moments like that you just say "Thank You SO Much" and happily repack the thing knowing you're doing something right as a parent.

Christie said...

She's a good girl... You are a good mom, I probably wouldn't have noticed they were dirty. haha. Can Whit come for some Cindy training? She's only 18, I think someone ought to be able to train her still;(

Seth and Natalie said...

I love this! Dax always empties the utensils from the dishwasher, which it takes me longer to set to rights than it would have to put them away myself in the first place. Good kids.

Lori Wilson said...

How sweet is that? I can't stand it!

Greg and Wendy said...

You seem to have quite a few of those really wonderful "payback" moments...and at times when you probably need them most. She is a sweetheart!

Matt, Kim, Barrick and Jakey Boy! said...

I'm not sure if you remember me, but I was Teichert's trainer on his mission and I met you when you guys were at SUU. Tell him 'Hi' from me. Cute family!