Friday, June 24, 2011

Summer fun

I love that all of my kids still enjoy going to the greenbelt to feed the ducks.  Those that claim they don't enjoy it much anymore, could've fooled me because they were right in the action.  We weren't aware of all of all the flooding going on until we got down there so everyone was pretty fascinated at the condition of things.  The flooding has been crazy and we just continue to get more rain so we'll see what happens.  I overheard the kids talking together yesterday about the Ririe and Palisades damns and what would happen if either of them broke.  Kaleb was so excited about the prospect of being able to use his 72-hour kit.:)  Yikes, I sure hope things don't get that bad!  Anyway, the baby geese were so adorable and pretty friendly so the kids had such a fun time.
I've often been teased about my own little trail of "geese" in the store, library, or wherever we all go together.  I think I have an idea of what it's like for this mother goose! 
Jordyn trying to coax this lonely goose to come a little closer!
Morgan can always be found off by herself feeding the lonely geese
Morgan and Kaleb thought it was funny to follow these two ducks around while making their most obnoxious duck noises.  I'm sure the ducks weren't as amused as they were! 
Here's a great picture of all the flooding. As of this past Wednesday, things are looking much, much better!

4 comments:

Seth and Natalie said...

My kidlets love doing things like that. They would throw bread at ducks for hours if I didn't get so bored so quickly. The flooded park is just amazing, I can't believe how much water we have. There is still quite a bit of snow in the mountains here, I don't even think we've hit the peak of high water yet.

Greg and Wendy said...

You never told me about the mother goose comparison you get! Hilarious! You're the cutest Mother Goose I've ever seen!

Jocelyn said...

That flooding is crazy. I love feeding those ducks and geese...and my kiddos do, too. We've got to get up there and do it with you!

Lindsay said...

I don't think you ever get to old to enjoy feeding ducks. THey are just so darn cute!