Monday, June 6, 2011

Another season of soccer...over

Morgan ended yet another season of soccer last Friday evening.  The kid loves soccer.  She gets side tracked by any ball of any size that's hanging around the house and just kicks it over and over against the wall.  I was laughing with my parents and DJ the other day as we reminisced about Morgan's first couple of seasons playing soccer.  She bawled and bawled every single game.  She's be fine as we were driving to the game and then as soon as she'd cross over the white line on to the field, the tears would be free flowing.  Believe me, it was the most frustrating thing ever.  We would bribe her with ice cream after the game (I know what you are thinking....don't bribe your kids but we were desperate)  DJ and I about went to the loony bin and she was miserable!!  I felt so bad for her but at the same time, we were totally ticked at her because she'd beg and beg to play another season so we'd pay the money and then she'd bawl and bawl.  I'm not sure what changed but something just clicked and she's turned in to a soccer loving fool.  She works really hard to understand and implement the new things she learns and I think it helps that she gets to play with some of her very best friends! 
Kara (the coach), Holly, and I were laughing just 2 hours before this photo about the goofiness of our girls.  Particularly Morgan and Alissa and this weird pose that they love to do.  I thought it was funny that they didn't disappoint in yet another photo.  Oh, and you've gotta love the little guy in the black coat licking his plate clean, yes, that's Kaleb (he learned that trick from his dad:):)
------
The girls last official soccer game was Thursday night.  They played awesome and their passing is so much fun to watch.  They really get it now and look for opportunities to pass to their teammates.  I love it when things finally click and I'm glad that Morgan gets to play with such a great group of girls.  Thanks to Kara for taking so much time to coach these girls. 
---
After the game we had a barbecue with all the girls and their families which was a lot of fun but the funnest part was the game the parents played against the girls.  Unfortunately, DJ couldn't be there but most of the parents were and we played until we just about killed ourselves.  The girls were awesome and so were the parents, in fact, I was laughing so hard at some of the moves I saw on the field.  I didn't know these people had it in them:)  I think we all had one thing in common though, we're all getting a little old and out of shape and I think we all had a few aches and pains the next morning to show for it.  Oh well, it was totally worth it!! 

2 comments:

Seth and Natalie said...

That's so fun she can do something she absolutely loves. The first year Ry did dance it was all tears and disobedience, but the next year she loved it and couldn't get enough. Sometimes they just need a little more maturity. (they look pretty mature in their picture!) Glad another successful season is done with!

Greg and Wendy said...

It has been fun to watch the transformation in Morgan over the years. She's living proof that it can be a good thing to push a child to persevere in something they don't think they like. She really is good!