Friday, September 18, 2009

Words cannot express

Yesterday, our dear friend, Shellie, passed away after a long battle with cancer. In my previous post, I wrote about the beautiful day we experienced with her in the temple just 2 days before her passing. My testimony, particularly of prayer and fasting, has been strengthened greatly because of what I have witnessed. Shellie wanted to attend the temple, and only through Heavenly Father's help was she able to make it. Whether she knew it or not, Shellie touched my life in many ways. Some of the lessons I learned from her include, live every day to its fullest, forge on even when it hurts, don't complain because someone always has it worse, serve others even when you are in the thick of your own problems, love your kids and husband, laugh (a lot), and don't give up. I'm sure there is not a person that knows Shellie that doesn't love her dearly. Her bubbly, up beat, fun loving, personality was contagious and I will miss her every day!

8 comments:

Brooke said...

I'm sorry for your loss and for her family. I am sure that her family is so grateful for the opportunity to experience the temple and receive the blessings, they have a forever family now. Hopefully that knowledge will help carry them through this difficult time.

Nigbur Family said...

Well said Cindy. I am so happy that they got to go through the temple before she passed. That will be the memory to get the family through this all. What a wonderful and loving Father we have.

Greg and Wendy said...

Lessons for us all. Thank you for sharing, honey.

Lori Wilson said...

Beautifully put, Cin.

Pearl Girl said...

your amazing, I am so glad I ran into you, it made my day. Thanks for giving me your blog address. mine is muirmadness.blogspot.com. You are just too cute, your kids are cute,and your blog is cute. too too too cute. I will be stalking ya now :)

Jenelle said...

Thank goodness for temple bessings!Even ones that come at a price to the rest of us left behind.

Melissa said...

My internet has been down for a week so I read both of the two posts about your friend one right after the other. What a beautiful and sweet experience in the face of a great trial...The gospel of Jesus Christ truly is amazing!

Jaedon Flora said...

Cindy - I was reading the newspaper today and came across Shellie's obituary. I knew it was her. I am so happy that she made it to the temple. I love miracles and you got to witness it. I love you and I know you must be so busy right now. Please give those girls an extra squeeze from a Mom who wants to remember the courage of their Mom!