Monday, September 14, 2009

Um...I can explain

why I haven't updated this thing in a long while,
why my kids have eaten obscene amounts of chips and hot dogs this week,

why I have bags the size of a large mountain under my eyes,
why I haven't returned many phone calls,

why my body aches from head to toe,
why the only thing out of my mouth to my children is, JUST A MINUTE,
why my whole house has a layer of dust over everything,

why my fingernails are permanently stained black,

why I stink of BO, propane, and fruit, mixed all together (yuck)


and........




why my children look like this:







Yep, this picture has "neglect" written all over it. So, this is WHY:






114 jars of pears, 28 jars of peaches, and 18 freezer bags of corn later. Labor Day, DJ, Regan, and I spent all day putting up corn which we purchased from the sweetest family in our ward. (120 ears for $15.00) pretty great deal, huh? Funny thing is, we came home and decided to check our corn, thinking it produced nothing this year, WRONG, we picked another 50 ears and then a few days later, my mom picked yet another 50. I guess I'll check things a little better next year. Although, Haroldsen corn is to die for so if you are in need of corn, go visit their garden. Anyway, Wednesday, my 7 boxes of pears decided to ripen so I worked for 12 hours, with a few interruptions, okay, a lot of interruptions, but was still able to get 56 quarts done. Regan was my right hand man in the evening and stayed up a little too late on a school night helping me! We did have a great visit with no interruptions which is worth it to me! Thursday, my mom came up bright and early in the morning and worked her heart out all day, she also managed to prepare a beautiful meal which she brought with her, knowing that I we needed to feed the missionaries that evening. Mom, you are amazing! My grandma came out for a bit to lend a hand as well and then, DJ came home just in time to see the 114 jars lined nicely on the table. He quickly went to work cleaning up the garage and kitchen with mom, while I tended to the kids.
Thanks to my mom for coming to the rescue and, thank you, Regan, for always being willing to help me! The fruit is all down in storage, nicely lined out on the shelves. I've decided I'm going to be the "fruit Nazi" If anyone wants a bottle of fruit, they'll have to come to me first. (just kidding)

7 comments:

Nigbur Family said...

Wow! It really makes me tired just reading it!

Greg and Wendy said...

I had the best time! Remind me to go down and look at your food storage room now that all those bottles are moved downstairs! You are amazing, honey! Oh, the joy this winter!

Greg and Wendy said...

You know, the fruit is almost too pretty to eat!

Jenelle said...

Wow!way to go!!! Save a little for me.

Brooke said...

Wow! That's amazing! Maybe one day I can pull it all together to be as organized and motivated as you are. Wow!

Jaedon Flora said...

You are a super Mom! You really are Cindy! Guess what I did with all of my fruit? I made peach cobbler every night for dinner until it was gone. Then when my pears started ripening I gave a bag to each of my neighbors because it sounded better than canning! Ha Ha - I miss you!!!

Lori Wilson said...

YOU ARE INCREDIBLE!!! (and I really did mean for that to be in all caps). Wow, you are forever and ever, Wonder Woman (with a capital W). :)