Friday, August 21, 2009

South Dakota Trip- Part 1

Last week our little family enjoyed an awesome trip to South Dakota! I have so many fun pictures and stories to tell about our trip but this week has been completely busy with preparations for school, Regan's 11th B-Day and just trying to settle back in to life after being gone for 7 days. I'm hoping that I can actually make sense of the daily log I kept while on the trip of all the days happenings. Because at this point, all I recall is non-stop action with lots of fun and tons of craziness. Six kids in a van for 25+ hours makes for lots of hectic moments but I would do it again in a heart beat. Hopefully my hubby feels the same way or I may be doing this w/out him next year!! Let me just say, there was an unbelievable amount of list making, packing, shopping, food preparing, etc. before we actually pulled out of the driveway and it showed by the looks of our van by the time we backed out of the garage. Thankfully, DJ's sister, Ann, let us borrow her luggage carrier which was the only way we could've fit everything we needed. With 2 cribs, huge cooler, bags enough for 8 people, towels, swimming gear, car entertainment, jackets, extra shoes, snacks, DJ's laptop, okay...you get the picture, we were packed in like sardines. Sure wish I would've taken a picture, darnet!

3 comments:

Nigbur Family said...

Sounds like fun! I love the post on Regan's bday. We both had hard but happy days that day!

Greg and Wendy said...

What a tremendous amount of organizing it takes to attempt a trip for that long with 6 little children. But what wonderful memories you made! We're sure it is not your last trip...just the first of many memorable adventures.

Greg and Wendy said...

Love your new blog design!