Thursday, August 20, 2009

Happy 11th B-Day, Reg's

August 1998
August 2009
Today we celebrated Regan's 11th B-Day! I can hardly believe that it's been 11 years since I held my first little baby in my arms. In fact, exactly 11 yrs and 3 hours ago I gave birth to her...where does the time go?? After the party tonight I sat in the closet looking through old photos of Regan and bawled like a big baby. I can remember like it was just yesterday holding her in my arms and feeling so totally overwhelmed and inadequate as a mother (some things never change) but also feeling and knowing that she was a gift to DJ and I straight from our Heavenly Father. I don't think I could possibly express all my love to this sweet little girl with words but I hope she knows how much joy she's brought in to our family and I look forward to another great year of joy and laughter with her. Love you, love you, love you, Regan!
We started the day with a yummy birthday breakfast of "Crepes" and the moved on to the cake making party! Regan found the pattern for the cake on the internet and after 3 hours of decorating with a little help from me, this is the finished product. Not too shabby for an 11 year old!
She got to have a few of her best friends over for a party. They played tons of games, ate donuts, opened presents, and giggled tons! Then it was time for the family party with Grandma & Grandpa Rose, Jared and Richelle, and a quick visit from Grandma Johnson and her sister Maralyn.
G&G Rose gave her two adorable dresses and she was pretty thrilled, in fact, I think she was jumping up and down squeeling. G&G Teichert gave her the most adorable plaid shorts and matching shirt as well as $20.00. She continued the squeeling and jumping up and down! DJ and I gave her shoes & a shirt, and I made her a magnetic board to hang in her room.
Jared and Richelle decorated the cutest doodle book for Regan. She has always loved to draw, color, doodle, etc. so this was the perfect gift. Morgan gave her lip gloss a mirror and a headband with a silly homemade card. Jordyn made a cute card and gave her a card making kit. She also wrapped all sorts of items around the house including the little hair thing that Regan is wearing. My kids love to make a big deal out of their siblings birthdays and it always includes wrapping tons and tons of old things from around the house.

A WALK DOWN MEMORY LANE!

Happy 11th Birthday, Regan!

6 comments:

Brooke said...

She is such a gorgeous girl and that cake was AMAZING!!! Wow, if you lived closer I'd hire you two to do my cakes for me! I remember when she was born, I totally looked up to you and DJ then, just as I still do now!

Greg and Wendy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Greg and Wendy said...

Here I am bawling like a baby reading this wonderful post. Yesterday, Dad said "How can Regan be 11? It should just be Cindy turning ll!" You were such a joy to raise, (really, you were!) and Regan is equally as wonderful. We love her so much! I shed tears seeing Grandpa J holding his little great-granddaughter like he just didn't quite know what to do with her. How proud he was of her from moment one. And I know his heart is still full of pride as, from the other side of the veil, he watches her grow and mature. Thanks for the little trip down memory lane!
Oh, and by the way, don't you think Kami looks so much like Regan as a baby? I really noticed it in these pictures!
Have a great trip to Nevada and thanks again for the fun time last night!

janna said...

Cute pictures!

Melissa said...

I can't believe so much time has passed. I remember when Nicolle and Regan were little tiny babies. Does that make us old? Regan is a beautiful girl!!!! We never got together this summer...do you think this fall will work with maybe a few less kids to work around? I would love to see you and chat to catch up.

Jocelyn said...

I loved this post. I remember these early days so vividly and now it seems like the last 9 or so have gone by in a blur!
She really is a great kid.
Her cake turned out darling, too!!!