Friday, August 21, 2009

funny and not so funny

Yesterday I could here Porter fussing upstairs so I ran up to see what was the matter and there was Kaleb blocking him from going in to the kitchen area. I asked him why he wouldn't let him go through and he says, "mom, he's STINKY and he's going to get his stink in the kitchen!!"

Porter has had a rough week. Wednesday he followed the girls downstairs and Jordyn quickly slammed the door behind her not knowing how close Porter was. I knew immediatly what had happened but didn't quite know the severity of it. Regan ran down to grab him and brought him screaming his head off to me where I noticed his whole fingernail hanging by a thread and the back side of the finger was sliced as well. Regan said his finger was still caught in the door when she got him. He was obviously in tons of pain and didn't calm down for a good hour the poor little guy. Jordyn was so upset and feeling so terrible that she had caused the accident. She kept saying, "when everyone hears about this, they are going to think I'm the worst sister EVER." Does that sound like Jordyn, or what?? Anyway, 2 days later, Porter seems fine, the finger looks pretty nasty but doesn't seem to be bothering him.

1 comment:

Greg and Wendy said...

Bless his little heart. It honestly didn't look as bad as I expected, however. I'm glad it is not bothering him anymore. Poor little guy!