Monday, August 24, 2009

1st Day of School!


I can't believe I sent my kids back to school today! I swear it was just yesterday that my kids came running down the street yelling and screaming "school's out, yea!" I have no idea where this summer went but it went way too fast. But seeing how ultra excited Jordyn has been for her first day of school has gotten me in the back to school mood. For the last 3 months she's been running up to everyone she sees excitedly saying, "guess what? I'm going to school really, really soon, " with the hugest grin and high pitched squeal you've ever seen and heard. You can't help but smile watching her enthusiasm. Anyway, the girls were up and going early this morning despite getting to bed pretty late because of a weekend trip to Nevada for a mission farewell. (another 14 hours in the car) more on that trip to come, I hope. Anyway, all the girls looked so adorable and all were excited and a bit jittery for their first day although they spent breakfast time giving Jordyn the big pep talk about what to do and what not to do at school. I got Regan and Morgan on the bus around 8:00 and then drove Jordyn to the school where I left her for her very first day of school. I swore I wouldn't be sad but I actually had a lump in my throat seeing her sit at the table so excited yet so nervous for the day she's been anticipating for so long. I get to drive her for the next two days and then she'll get to ride the bus with the girls so Thursday will be another big adventure for her.

Regan is in 6th grade this year, her last year of Elementary school. YIKES!!! I think she left feeling a bit nervous today and I can't say I blame her although I know she'll have another great year. Morgan's off to 2nd grade and was excited but a bit apprehensive about leaving home. She's my one kid who asks me from time to time why I won't home school her. I can name 3 reasons at this point (Kaleb, Kamryn, and Porter.) When I went to pick up Jordyn from school today, Morgan came running down the hall and gave me the biggest squeeze ever that just melted my heart. I love that they get to go to school but I hate that they have to trust them with someone else for a better part of their day. I'm so gladd that DJ gave each one of them a father's blessing last night. Each one was beautiful and unique to each child. I appreciate so much having a husband who honors his priesthood. I hope our kids know how fortunate they are to have such a great dad!

I just love her grin in all of these pictures. I hope the enthusiasm sticks!

7 comments:

Greg and Wendy said...

They all look so beautiful! I always enlarge the pictures to see all the details. Dad and I pray for the safety of all our little ones in school each day, both physical and spiritual. It is a leap of faith to trust them to the care of others. They are great kids and I'm so glad DJ gave them each a blessing last night. Makes ME feel better!

Jocelyn said...

Aaaack! I loved this post and the pictures were so fun to look at! They're all so beautiful and Jordyn's face really is priceless.

Homeschooling? I can give you more than 3 reasons!!!! :)

Paul said...

I can't believe you will have a kid in junior high next year! Now that is crazy! I hope all went well for all of them! Paul gave Ky a Father's blessing too and I am so grateful for a hubby like that. I never had that growing up and I think it is an amazing thing.

Paul said...

Oops! This is Andrea! Sorry!

Stacy said...

I love your children's enthusiasm for life. It is a pleasure being her teacher and I can't wait to see how much she grows! It will be a great school year!

janna said...

your girls look so cute!

And Jordyn's huge smile is the best!

janna said...

I swiped the bus stop picture