Friday, October 12, 2012

Mutton Bustin' at it's best

Okay, the title might be a bit of an exaaggeration but darn, we enjoyed watching all the little "mutton buster's  at the Cokeville 24th of July Celebration, especially Kaleb!  He's been begging me to ride a sheep for quite some time so I was crossing my fingers that I'd be able to sign him up, along with Kam and Porter, (because they were begging me as well). Anyway, we raced over to the arena the morning of the rodeo and found that they only had one open spot left--Kaleb was the lucky guy since he's the oldest and Porter and Kamryn were left very sad and bummed with the promise that they would be able to give it a try next year. Anyway, Kaleb was pretty much jumping up and down.  I wasn't sure if he'd keep that excitement when he actually watched all of the other 24 participants take their turn.  But, much to my surprise, he just got more and more excited and could hardly wait to head over to the shoot and get on.  One of my sweet nephew's, Bronson, took Kaleb over and got him all prepared for the big ride :):)  Bronson suited him up in the protective vest and helmet which Kaleb thought was pretty much AWESOME!!  Our nephew, Trevor, was kind enough to snap a ton of pics of Kaleb before, during, and after the ride with his nice camera, so I could take a video of him, which I ended up erasing somehow before Kaleb even got to view it :(  Hate when that happens!! Anyway, the shoot opened and here came Kaleb hugging the sheep around the neck and holding on for dear life, I think he stayed on for approximately 2 seconds but he didn't let go, not even when he started to fall underneath and the sheep went down on top of him.  I thought for sure he'd shed a few tears, but, nope, he got right up and calmly walked away with a little bounce in his step.  Our girls, including the other nieces, were cheering their loudest for him, and after the ride when he came back to the stands, they all crowded around him giving him hugs and high fives like he was a big stud!! It was the cutest thing EVER!!  When we asked him what he thought of riding a sheep he said, "it was AWESOME, can I PLEASE do it next time?" I think the following pics are just as good as a video, thanks to my nephew, Trevor, for sending these to me!











2 comments:

Greg and Wendy said...

That takes guts! Good for you, Kaleb!

Seth and Natalie said...

Oh my gosh, that is exciting! Our rodeo around here doesn't have mutton busting, so I none of my kids have ever done it. Kaleb is so brave, I would probably have cried if a sheep had fallen on me!