Friday, October 26, 2012

A visit to the I.F. Temple!

We are so blessed to live just a short distance from the Idaho Falls Temple. I hope I never take this for granted.  Once in a while on a  Sunday afternoon, while waiting for dad to arrive home from his afternoon meetings, I'll load the kids up and take them to walk around the temple grounds and spend some time inside the visitors center.  I can't remember which General Authority talked about the the importance of letting your kids "touch the temple" but it's stuck with me for quite sometime.  Even though they can't go inside yet, I really feel the importance of letting them be close to it often.  Even though they get a little crazy while we wander around the grounds, hopefully they'll feel of the spirit that is there and they'll want to live their lives so they can enter someday.  I'm so thankful for six great kids and a wonderful husband that are mine forever!












2 comments:

Greg and Wendy said...

I LOVE that they stay in their Sunday clothes to visit the temple. I think it is so true that most of the time, we act the way we dress. You can bet you are instilling a love for the temple and desire to "go inside someday".

Brooke said...

I love this! They will always remember visiting, and will always be excited to go in!