Friday, October 26, 2012

Kaleb's First win (wrestling 2012) at OneTrueMedia.com

We decided to put Kaleb in another season of wrestling and I'm so glad we did!  He's really starting to love it and is really catching on to what is being taught. He was so emotional last season that we finally decided to just have him go to practices and not torture him with the meets and I think it really paid off!  He still gets pretty stressed before a match but he's handling his nerves in a whole different way, jumping up and down, pacing back and forth, coming over for a few last minute squeezes from mom (aaahhh).  It's pretty awesome to watch the transformation in just one year!  I went to put away laundry in his room on Tuesday  morning after he'd left for school and there on the floor was all of his wrestling stuff laid out nicely on his floor. This also happened to be the day that he had his 3rd wrestling match of the season and he won 1 of his  matches!!  It was so darn fun to watch so the video I took of him is pretty bad because of my loud voice and all the moving around!  He went 3 rounds and ended up winning by points after 3 tough rounds. It's my goal to understand wrestling a bit better so I know what the heck I'm supposed to be yelling and cheering for. For now, just watching him succeed at something that has been a challenge for him is pretty awesome!  Here's a video for the Grandparents to enjoy!  I've tried everything to rotate this video and can't figure it out so I guess you'll have to watch it standing on your head!:):)  Kaleb is the one in the blue singlet!

Way to go, Kaleb!!

1 comment:

Greg and Wendy said...

Wow, Kaleb, you look like you're really understanding what this is all about! Congratulations, Buddy! We are very proud of your stick-to-it-iveness (ask Mom what that means!)Love you!