Wednesday, April 22, 2009

So far behind!

I've put a little bit of everything on this post so look out, it's a long one!
-----
First off, DJ went to Mesa, AZ, Wednesday through Saturday of last week. We missed him like crazy, especially since he normally doesn't travel except for his yearly Tutor Trac Conference. It's been held in Mesa for a couple of years now and I'm kicking myself that I didn't take off and go with him. I could have, but just chickened out with leaving the kids. I really am to the point that I think it would be fun to get away but I just feel guilty leaving the kiddy's behind. Sooo... anyway, I did fine with the kids on my own and DJ had a great time without me. He was able to spend a couple of evenings with my Uncle Derin & Aunt Kim and had such a great time visiting and catching up with them. He spent the remainder of his time attending the conference, reading, working from his laptop, and missing us. The kids were hilarious; they had this HUGE homecoming party planned for him on Saturday which involved hours of coloring, decorating, practicing talents, making refreshments, etc. So, we went to the airport to pick him up where the kids piled out of the car and peered through the window watching for DJ to walk down the escalator and as soon as they saw him they were screaming at the top of their lungs as if he'd been gone for a month. It was really adorable! DJ was surprised at home with a very decorated basement, a big talent show, cookies made by Regan, invitations, and gifts at the end. I think DJ was feeling the love! I just thought is was darn cute that they would go to such great lengths to welcome him home.

These are the cute invitations and the big "welcome home" poster and you see the row of sports balls....that's just a little section, the whole living room had a border or different things cut out and on a few they had written characteristics about their dad that they love such as, "kind, funny, loving, etc. You are loved, DJ!!

- - - - -

While DJ was gone, Morgan lost another tooth. I think she spent one whole day wiggling it and at the end, she pulled it out by herself. We had to take a picture of the event, although, I cut off the top of her head in both pictures. What a dingbat!


- - - - -

The babies think they need to be outside playing right along with the kids and they sit and cry by the door until I let them out. Yesterday I put Kamryn out on the front porch where Kaleb was playing with a squirt gun and big bowl of water. Ya ya, I know, big mistake. I heard her squealing and I walked out to find Kaleb squirting Kamryn point blank about an inch away from her head and she was drenched. It was pretty naughty but pretty darn funny so my scolding and laughing at the same time didn't really work out.

Porter isn't too fond of the grass yet so he holds his legs up in the air for the longest time and doesn't move an inch. Kamryn, on the other hand, isn't afraid of anything and eats everything in sight...grass, mud, leaves, rocks, you name it.

- - - - -
I made another successful coupon trip to Albertsons this morning. I spent $15.15 and saved $71.03 and this is what I came away with:
5 boxes wheat thins
2 boxes trisquits
3 boxes ritz crackers
1 gallon milk
10 containers yoplait yogurt
8 bottles of Kraft salad dressing
2 packs extra gum
1 3 lb. roast
I love a great deal!

4 comments:

Greg and Wendy said...

Such a fun post all the way around!

Brooke said...

Sounds like a fun and crazy week. I need you to tell me more about the Albertson's trip! I'm not good at using coupons at all, but I need to be. HELP! :)

janna said...

sorry you were so busy. cute pictures of you babes.

Hailey same tooth is just hanging there and she will not let me pull it out.

Jenelle said...

You need to teach coupon classes! Your kids are so cute, I bet D.J. really loved the welcome home surprise. It's good to know you are loved, especilly when you are gone away from the family.