Wednesday, April 15, 2009

FHE

Another crazy week is more than half way over and I can't even account for what I've done. I went back through my pictures and realized that I forgot to post a fun thing we did last week for Family Home Evening. First we colored easter eggs with the kids, this has never been my favorite thing to do with the kids because of the huge mess but I have to admit, this time was different. (I can't believe I didn't take one picture) They had such a good time and I just enjoyed watching them have at it. Anyway, after that DJ hid 4 eggs filled with candy in some tough spots outside and they went on a "mini" easter egg hunt, yes, they were thrilled with 1 egg (they knew it was just a teaser) and then we took them roller blading down by the river. We intended to only go about half the way around the path which is 2 1/2 miles or so but I guess we were enjoying the beautiful weather and scenery too much and ended up going all the way around. Regan and Morgan roller bladed the entire way and Jordyn walked most of the way. DJ and I took turns pushing the babies in the stroller and packing Kaleb from time to time. Everyone was good and tired by the time we got home but it was a nice evening spent together. I love family night and find myself protecting this precious time with my family as if it were gold. It seems that we don't have a lot of time to be together between DJ's work, & calling and the kids activities so I live for Monday nights.

Easter weekend was nice. I took the kids to the Ucon Easter Egg hunt and as usual, my kids were scared out of their minds. They don't love crowds and, of course, they all had to be in different age groups to hunt so I had to split them up so I think it was more tramatic than fun. I laughed when I saw Jordyn's basket because all it had in it was a can of pop and 2 eggs. The girl loves pop and we don't give it to her except on special occasions so she was thrilled. Morgan and Regan said they had fun but both requested that next year we do our own hunt. I felt so bad that I came home and filled a bunch of eggs and an hour later we were having our own hunt in our front yard. I think they had more fun that time and they all over-dosed on chocolate--especially Kaleb. The kids just doesn't know when to quit, he finished all of his candy in 1 day and there was a lot. Oh well, at least it's gone. Anyway, I got each of the kids a big picture of Jesus for their rooms in hopes that they would focus more on him than on the candy. They were genuinely thrilled and quickly hung their pictures up on their walls. I hope that their focus will always be on their Savior.

2 comments:

Greg and Wendy said...

Family time together is very precious and you do always seem to make the most of it! "You're makin' memories!"
Love you, honey!
Mom

Jenelle said...

What a fun Family Home Evening. I love this age right now when the kids acutally like it. You guys do a great job!