Thursday, April 2, 2009

A great two days!

I took the kids and drove to Logan on Monday and Tuesday to spend the day with my sister, Julie. Together we have 10 kids so you'd naturally think it was chaos but...it wasn't! We had a ball and I never once felt overwhelmed! In fact, making lunch and dinner for the kids was a piece of cake with 2 of us and the dishes were fun to do with someone to visit with. The kids played together and got along really well. It isn't very often that they spend time together so they made up for lost time. My kids think Aunt Julie's toy room is the best and Regan and Morgan couldn't wait for Uncle Stanton to come home so he could hook up the Wii. Regan fell in love with Julie's fun craft room filled with endless craft possibilities. In fact, Monday night Julie, Regan, and I stayed up late making cards and Julie helped Regan make the cutest notebook! It was fun to watch Regan come up with fun ideas and get so excited about the outcome. Julie laughed at all of Regan's funny jokes and silliness (which I currently find a bit annoying.....shame on me) but that's what is so great about Aunt's! Thanks, Juj! Regan really needed that!! My favorite part about the two days was hanging out with Julie until 12:30 a.m. while all kids were snoozing away, searching around on the Internet for great deals, giggling at each others sleepy, delirious humor, and marveling over our great Post cereal deals!! I'm so glad we got to spend a couple of days together, thanks to Julie for putting up with the crowds! This is the cute notebook created by Regan with help from Julie and these are the cards I made, again with help from Julie. I don't have a crafting bone in my body so this was tricky for me but I pulled it off and actually enjoyed myself. And...I forgot my camera, I can't believe it, so I'm relying on my sister posting pictures of the kids together. (hint, hint, Julie) So...pictures to come, maybe later.
\
Thanks for the pics, Juj! Love you!

3 comments:

Nigbur Family said...

I'm glad you got to get away and have some fun-you deserve it! Very cute crafts and way to go Morgan and Reagan at school!

Greg and Wendy said...

A well-timed, much needed trip! So glad it was such a fun and relaxing time together. You're making memories! It makes me really miss my sister!

Jenelle said...

Your cards are super cute! Your girls are so cute, it is no surprize that they do great at school. They have a great set of parents to guide them along.