Friday, April 10, 2009

Conference Weekend in Cokeville

This week has been nuts! The babies are teething and they are miserable! I'm barely getting the basics done (thanks to my mom) She came up Wednesday and watched a few of the kids so I could run some errands and get a little bit of cleaning done. Thanks, mom!! The rest of the week has been filled with soccer practices, homework, meetings, playdates, cooking, and a few hours of sleep, and I do mean a few but somehow I don't feel completely run over. I think because I started running again and I always feel better after a good run.

As a result of the craziness, I haven't had a second until now to write about our fun weekend in Cokeville with DJ's family. We haven't been home for so long to see DJ's parents, in fact, the babies weren't even mobile to speak of the last time they saw them. Now Kamryn is almost walking and Porter is right behind. Needless to say, they've missed out on a lot and we've just missed being with them. We were all able to go except for Regan as she was spending the weekend with G&G Rose down at Conference. (more to come on that) We missed her terribly but had such a nice relaxing weekend watching conference, ate way too much good food, thanks to DJ's mom, and loved every second of the fun visits of family members. I have to mention that one of the highlights of our trips to Cokeville is that the kids get to see their Uncle Johnny. They adore him in every sense of the word. He gives them gobs of attention, tells them funny stories, wrestles with them, teases, sometimes torments them, and they LOVE it. Well, due to a bad storm, he got snowed in at a bull sale and didn't arrive home until Sunday morning. I wish I would've had my video camera for the moment he came in the door. Every last one of the kids went running to him, screaming his name, hugged his legs and jumped in to his arms. It was just about the cutest thing I've seen in a long time. I am kicking myself because I took my camera and after about 6 pictures, the battery died and....you guessed it, I forgot the battery pack! Darnet!!!!! But, I did manage to snap a couple of cute pics while it lasted. I love DJ's family so much; we always feel so welcome when we visit. Mom practically waits on us hand and foot, in fact, I always feel so guilty because I'm chasing the kids around while she's slaving away in the kitchen making a nice meal for us. Thanks mom and dad Teichert for a fun filled weekend. We love you!
The kids loved their conference packets and the cousins seemed to enjoy them as well. It kept them quiet a good portion of them time and I think they might have even learned a few things while they worked away. During one of the songs DJ told them he could see Regan on the t.v. waving at all of them. They totally fell for it, they all jumped up and ran to the t.v. to see her. DJ is such a tease!
I had to take this picture of dad's finger on the remote button. Mom says he falls asleep watching t.v. with remote in hand, and finger in place, all the time. I got the biggest kick out of it! Sorry dad!
DJ's parents went to Hawaii in February and brought back grass skirts, necklaces, and coconuts, for the girls, the babies got the cutest little Hawaiin outfits, Kaleb got these adorable overalls (which he loved and insisted on wearing over his clothes every day), I got a pretty swim suit coverup skirt, I'm sure there is a name for the thing but I don't know what it is. Anyway, they spoiled us rotten and the kids were pretty thrilled with their things.
Our kids love playing with the cousins, Tanna, Janae, & Leonna, that live next door to Grandma. They love playing "house" in Grandma T's basement. They are all so cute with the babies and love to help with whatever they can. You can tell how much Tanna loves the babies in this picture as she's helping Grandma feed Kamryn and bottle. I LOVE the sweet look on her face.

As I mentioned, Regan had a great time at Conference. She loved hanging out with G&G Rose and thought attending conference was amazing even though this wasn't her first time. Thanks to my mom and dad for giving her these neat opportunities to feel the spirit.


I think these pictures show what a great time she had on her weekend get-away!
Speaking of conference, wasn't it awesome? I don't think I could pick a favorite but I have to say that Elder Holland's talk was especially touching because of his powerful testimony throughout. I would agree with my grandma when she said we should be grateful we were able to hear it and not just read it at some other time. His testimony of the Savior's atonement was so deep and powerful and really strengthened my testimony.
I always look forward to hearing from our beloved prophet, President Monson. I found myself shushing the kids over and over because I didn't want to miss anything. I Love conference and feel so blessed to have leaders that will guide us back to our Heavenly Father if we will just follow their council.

3 comments:

janna said...

What a great post! love all of the pictures too

Greg and Wendy said...

So fun to hear about your Cokeville trip! Thanks for sharing! We are so grateful you married into such a wonderful family, honey!

Jaedon Flora said...

What a fun easter. I love you!