Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Morgy turns 7!

We celebrated Morg's 7th B-Day on Monday night with a fun evening of present opening, dinner, & the highly anticipated B-day cake. Grandma & Grandpa Rose and Grandma Johnson joined us which is always so much fun for the kids. We missed Jordy and Kaleb.....they've been visiting Grandma and Grandpa Teichert for a few days. Morg's waited patiently all day to open all of her presents and as usual ended up making a haul. She got so many cute things and most of all enjoyed having a day all about her. I spent the day amazed at how quickly the last 7 years have gone by. Last year at this time I was lying in a hospital bed in Salt Lake City trying to keep Porter & Kamryn from being born early. DJ and I both had to miss our sweet Morgan's birthday as a result and I can remember crying my eyes out as I talked to her during her party. Morgan has been a joy to have in our home! Some of my favorite things about her are:
she's kind, extremely smart, shy, silly, sweet, spiritual, strives to do the right thing, responsible with regards to her school work (not always as responsible with room cleaning), honest, and loves to snuggle if it's on her terms. I love you so much, Morg's, and I hope you know how proud dad and I are of you! Happy Birthday!
She got a "Skip-it, clothes from Grandma & Grandpa T, and money from Great Gram & Grandp, and Aunt Julie!
Perhaps one of the cutest moments of the evening was when Morgan opened her gift from Regan which was a "Littlest Petshop Virtual Pet!" Along with the gift was a huge poster/card with a poem, song, comic, & letter all made up by Regan.
The letter was a classic and reads: Dear Morgan, I love you very very much, and I hope that you know that! I love you all so much Morgy. You are growing up so fast! 7 years old, I mean, sorry to mention it, but we are going to be old ladies pretty soon, and then, we might have only 3 choices: take care of each other, live in a nursing home, or sorry to mention it, or to-die. But, lets just enjoy being young, because after all, (thankfully) we have about 80 years left on Earth and so we have a lot of time to hang out together. Anyway, love, your sister, Regan!


G&G Rose gave her the cutest princess alarm clock that plays princess music to wake you up.
DJ & I gave her clothes, flip flops, and a "skip it." Her primary teacher brought a bag full of fun things including a Bible stories book, bubbles, picture of Jesus for the nightstand, a journal, candy, etc. Her friends brought her hairstuff, art things, and a journal. Morgan and Regan made these "present cakes" and decorated them to their liking. I think they did a great job!
"I had the best Birthday EVER mom"

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Love the birthday note from Regan to Morgan....HILARIOUS!!! How do you help your kids to be friends...I sooooo struggle in that area!

Greg and Wendy said...

Dad and I are still chuckling over that note! Just hilarious and creative for a 10-year-old! It is fun to see them be such good buddies in spite of the age difference. However, that COULD change come high school (remember?) but thankfully, only for a few years and then you are best friends again!

Jocelyn said...

I about wet my pants laughing over that letter. AWESOME!!!!!

Lori Wilson said...

I am so glad you recorded that letter from Regan for posterity. HILARIOUS!!!! Sorry I'm such a ditsy sister and didn't call. We really thought about Morgy all day -- but I completely dropped the ball. Love you all so much! Morgy -- Kate says 'I love you and I miss you!'