Monday, February 23, 2009

Nothing is funny at 3:30 a.m.

maybe YOU will find this funny...... Last night we got one of those dreaded phone calls at 3:30 in the morning where you immediately think someone has died in the family or w/ DJ being Bishop, maybe something tragic with a ward member. Anyway, I grabbed the phone to see who it was and it was one of the sisters I go visiting teaching to. She calmly apologized for calling so late and (or early) as the case was and said she didn't think I'd have a phone right by my bed and planned on leaving me a message, oh, and she used the classic line, "I just thought I would call while I was thinking of it"..........she was calling to tell me she'd have to cancel our v.t. appointment scheduled for today at 11:00, WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's 3 a.m. could this not have waited??????? I so wish I would've had a video camera to catch DJ's response to that one, it was classic! He had been in a dead sleep, the kind where drool is running from both corners of your mouth, so it probably scared him the most. I don't sleep heavy anymore because of the little one's so I had a little advantage. Anyway, today I've actually been chuckling about the whole thing amidst my sleep deprivation headache. I just called DJ to tell him something, and he hasn't found the humor in it yet as he's fighting to stay awake sitting at his desk. Poor guy!

Note to self......don't call people at 3 a.m. to cancel an appointment just because you think you might forget to do it in the morning.

11 comments:

Brooke said...

Oh, the horror! I got sick just thinking about receiving a not-so-important phone at the all-precious hour of 3 a.m. Actually any hour is precious from 11 p.m.- 7 a.m. if you call me between those hours you may end up on a bad list if you're not seriously injured! Good luck with the sleepy headache, I'm right there with you today!

Christie said...

Are you serious!!!! I can't imagine anyone in there right mind picking up a phone to make a call at 3am. I have the 6am-10pm rule in my house. Anything after or before I totally answer knowing someone is dead. My kids tease me all the time, that someone can die in the middle of the day also!!! Sorry Cind, maybe DJ could call her to cub scouts to punish her. HaHAHA!!! Only kidding, I didn't mind cubs!!!

Natie said...

I am in shock! I seriously can't believe that anyone would do that. You are a good sport. Wow. I am amazed.

Nigbur Family said...

If I didn't know any better, I would think that's my mom! Ha!

janna said...

OK, I will never call you at 3 am...LOL

who was it?

Cindy said...

FYI, Andrea, is wasn't your mom.....she definetly has more sense than that. Janna, if you see lights on, feel free to call, then you can hop on over and hold a baby. he he he!

Greg and Wendy said...

I am still shaking my head over that one since our conversation yesterday. You never get back to sleep after a phone call at that time of night that scares the "beejeebies" out of you! Hope you were able to get a little sleep LAST night! See you tomorrow!

Kara said...

I had to tell you this - I started telling Jerry the story with almost no details, and he knew who it was before I hardly began! After I told him the details, he's on his way to her house to give her a little something upside the head. I think he had a post-traumatic flashback to when we had two babies not sleeping through the night. Mum's the word on this, but she is certifiable.

Jenelle said...

That is a great "classic" story. The sad thing is that I would probably do that myself because I am such a ding-bat. Actually, I get scared calling anyone before 9:00. If you are like me the brain just doesn't work before then.

Greg and Wendy said...

Pretty funny stuff! We get calls early in the morning every two or three months, usually aroung 4 a.m. when temple workers arrive at the temple and realize they have forgotten their recommend! The temple presidency usually tells the patron that he or she owes their stake president a batch of brownies!
Love, Dad

Lori Wilson said...

That is a head-shaker if there ever was one. What in the world did she think you would do with your phone ringing at 3:30 in the morning -- ignore it? Duh...