Thursday, February 12, 2009

Life is precious

It's been an interesting week. On Monday one of my very best friends called me with some really bad news. She'd just been to the doctor where they discovered that she has cancer. Apparently she has a tumor the size of an orange on her kidney so yesterday they did surgery to remove that as well as the kidney. I've just been blown away by this news especially because of her sweet little family of 6 children, the oldest being 15 (I think) and youngest are 2 1/2 year old twins. It just seems so unfair that she should have to be going through such a trial at this time in her life but as she so bravely put it to me on the phone, "Heavenly Father will keep me on this earth as long as he wants me here, I'm not in charge." What a great example of complete Faith and courage she is to me! I can only hope that in times of adversity, my attitude would be similar but knowing myself, I tend to think it wouldn't be. Sooooooo, thank you Tisha for your example, I'm praying for you continually and hoping that things turn out as well as they can! I love you!

My new goal.....live everyday to its fullest because everyday is precious and, after all, we aren't in charge, Heavenly Father is.

4 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Wow -- my prayers and love to her as well.

janna said...

How sad~ Life is precious




I enjoyed your talk last night too

bobbi said...

Wow-- thanks for sharing. Great reminder to us all-- live life to the fullest and cherish/be grateful for what we have! Thanks Cindy!

Natie said...

I needed a reminder of this unfortunately. Why do we get so comfortable and neglect how blessed we are? I am so thankful for the gospel that helps us to stay a little grounded.