Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Valentine's Day Fun

I decided to have a little Valentine's Day party with a bunch of the neighbor kids. We ended up having 13 little girls plus the babies and Kaleb. I found a couple of really cute games on the Internet that didn't take too much preparation and then we decorated Valentine's with lots of craft supplies and then decorated TONS of sugar cookies. I think the girls had a lot of fun, they were super creative and surprisingly not very messy! I can't stand cookie sprinkles, they are just plain messy but they are kids favorite so I couldn't disappoint. Anyway, they are a cute bunch of girls so the 2 hours went by pretty fast.

Crafty girls!

Heart Tic-Tac-Toe game, made with heart bean bags and a "Heart Healthy" exercise game. DJ was teasing me that the girls were really going to thrilled with that one, but it turned out to be one of the favorites. I love that other people are creative so I can just copy their ideas.

Cookie making and eating was probably the favorite. I don't love making sugar cookies but I LOVE eating them!

8 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Want to know something funny? I made the exercise game for my kids, too, and they have asked to play it every day since!!! Kids just like to move and have fun. Chloe always picks 20 sit-ups. It KILLS me! We made it so that everyone does every exercise and WOW...those sit-ups kills me!

Christie said...

Where do you find the time!!!!!

Paul said...

Sounds like fun!

janna said...

My girls had fun!

email me the pictures.

Greg and Wendy said...

With all you have to do, how wonderful you make time to make memories! It was fun to pop in when you were in the thick of things. You could tell the girls were having such fun! Thanks again for letting us take Kaleb overnight!

Cummings Missionaries said...

Wow Cindy I am impressed!! I am glad there are people like you out there that can do this stuff because I just don't have the patience I guess. You are such a good mom, I want to be you when I grow up. :)

Andrea

Jenelle said...

Wow, with all you have to do at home and twins to top it off, I don't know how you do it. I always am thinking that it would be fun to have neighborhood parties, and then when it is time to start planning it, I chicken out. Way to make the rest of us look bad!

Lori Wilson said...

Wow, Cind, you are amazing! It's funny how days like that will be remembered for a long time and treasured by your little ones. Definitely worth the effort, I would say. Also, loved the skiing pictures. I'm glad you got to do that. It was sweet of DJ to stay with the little ones.

Where did you get the exercise game? We really need that at our house. Send me a link when you get a minute! ;)