Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Stuff!

I have one word to describe life right now.....BUSY!   It's okay though.   I'm enjoying this stage despite occasionally feeling like a chicken with my head cut off.  I really need to get a day planner and quit using my tiny calendar and sticky notes.  One of the teachers at BYU Education week made fun of me for using sticky notes....you'd think that would be motivation enough to stop.  (no, I wasn't taking notes on sticky notes, she just asked me how I stay organized and I thought I better tell the truth)  Anyway, my current method isn't working for me with 4 kids in school, one of those being in middle school which adds even more craziness.  I'm going to get my life organized one of these days, maybe after the kids are all gone:) 

On with the random items of business backtracking quite a bit:

Amy and Flint Pugsley were married on August 12, 2010!  Amy is the youngest daughter of my Uncle Brent and Aunt Janet.  We weren't able to make it to their sealing in the Logan Temple but we made it out to Park Valley for their beautiful reception.  It was so great to be back in Park Valley where I grew up and visit with so many people I haven't seen in years. 

                                                     Don't they make a cute couple?

This is my Grandpa, Gary Rose!  I love this man.  He's true cowboy and a wonderful grandpa.  He still calls all of us including the great grandkids, on our B-days and sings the most goofy B-Day song. My kids look forward to these phone calls from their Great Grandpa.  Honestly, how many kids can say they know their great grandparents??  Each time I'm with my Grandparents, I realize just how lucky I am to have a few more moments with them. 

Just another photo of one of my favorite guys!

Great Grandma Rose with little Porter.  I love my Grandma.  She's been through so much over the years with poor health.  I don't know how much longer she'll be with us so moments like these are precious. 

Jordyn with my Aunt Christie, one of my dad's younger sisters.  I love all of my Aunt's so much and appreciate how sweet they are to each of my kids.  I belong to a great family!

Jordyn and Kaleb with Aunt Sheri, my dad's youngest sister.  I've always thought I had the prettiest Aunt's ever! 

Kamryn, Regan, Jordyn, and Aunt Christie.

Jordyn with my cousin, Crystal (Christie's daughter)  She was just married this summer and she and her husband Chris are always so cute with all the cousins.  My kids always look forward to family get together's so they can hang out with Crystal and Chris.  Can you tell how much Jordyn loves the camera?  She somehow always ends up in every picture.  You gotta love her.

Our family with Great Grandma and Grandpa Rose.  I'm grateful for my heritage and I have these two people to thank for it.  I love you Grandpa and Grandma!

The kids with Grandma!

Kaleb hanging out in the barnyard.  He is a little cowboy--I guess he just has it in his blood.  Sometimes I wish we lived out in Park Valley or in Cokeville so he could have this kind of life.  He loves it!

My cousin Bill built this dance floor for the reception and the kids had a ball dancing together!


Chris dipping Morgan!  Like I said, the kids adore this guy!
Kaleb, Morgan, and Porter exploring at Aunt Janet's place!

4 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Aaaaahhhh! This makes me so sad that we missed the reception. Love the pictures and I couldn't agree more with everything.

Seth and Natalie said...

Now that is for sure my kind of reception. Barnyards, round bales, and lots of places for kids to play. Your aunts really are super pretty, I guess it just runs in the family. Jordyn is so cute she just makes a good addition to all those pics she poses in.

Christie said...

It was a fun summer with all the weddings, we got to see you guys a ton and that was so fun. Chrystal and Chris truly to love those kids. I sometimes wonder if there own kids will love them as much as other kids do. You're a sweetheart and the pictures with grandma and grandpa are precious and truly a keepsake. Love ya,

Greg and Wendy said...

The pics are wonderful. I was so blue the day of their wedding and reception. I didn't know how much I would miss it all and being with everyone. But I was in tears most of the day! No more surgeries, hopefully! Love the pics with Grandma and Grandpa Rose...you really are so blessed with a wonderful, wonderful heritage!