Thursday, August 26, 2010

She's "12"

We celebrated Regan's 12th B-Day last Friday.  It blows me away to look at these pictures and see my little girl growing up.  I can hardly believe we're old enough to have a daughter in Young Women's and entering Middle School.  She has been anxiously awaiting this B-Day for lot's of reasons, mainly because of her excitement over entering Young Women's and being able to go to the temple to do Baptisms for the dead which she got to do with her dad the morning of her B-Day.  Also, turning "12" meant a few other exciting things--getting her ears pierced and wearing a little mascara and lip gloss!!!  I about died when she got dressed for church last Sunday in her new outfit, applied a bit of mascara and did her own hair.  I think D.J. wanted to cry as he introduced her at the pulpit with her advancement in to the Young Women program.  He looked at her and said, "I don't think this young lady is old enough to go to Young Women's."  It was pretty cute and made me realize how quickly the years go by raising kids. 
Birthday cakes are a big deal at our house.  When the kids are really young I help them choose a fun cake and we have fun making and decorating it but as they get older, they get to do it all on their own.  This year Regan wanted to have a layered cake so we worked together finding the right size pans, baked the cakes, and then she did the rest.  Pretty darn cute!!  She was so proud of her masterpiece!!
Have you ever tried to take a picture of 6 kids all together??  Another example of my stinky camera skills but atleast you can see all of their adorable faces.   Jordyn kept sneaking in all of Regan's B-Day pic's.  She is NOT camera shy.
Regan opening one of her favorite gifts from her sister's--Earrings!!
Morgan and Regan checking out Grandma Rose's fun homemade cards.  They really are one of our favorite things about Birthday.  She has the cutest card making program and inserts some of her favorite photo's from the year of the kids and personalizes it with a cute message.  Morgan doesn't love having her picture taken as much as Jordyn so I'm always happy when I can get a cute photo of this beauty. 
My cute parents, just wish that DJ's parents didn't live so far away.  I truly have the best parents and in-laws ever!!!
Regan with one of her best buddies-Lindee Andrus!  These girls have been friends since 2nd grade and have remained great friends even though they attend different schools.  Regan had a late night the night of her B-Day and had a ball hanging out together!
These little munchkins love their big sister!  She really is like their second mom--if I'm going somewhere, they immediately ask for "Re Re."
Lindee and Regan wanted to watch their movie alone with no little one's bugging them.  I thought I was doing a pretty good job until I realized that Kami was missing.  This is where I found her, under the girls snack table, occasionally you'd see this little hand sneaking up for the popcorn bowl.
Is this face adorable, or what?
Morgan and Alissa Andrus (Lindee's younger sister) also one of Morgan's best buddies!  They got to have a late night of their own!  They always have the best time when they play together.

All in all, Regan had a great B-Day!  Some of my favorite things about her are:
Her kind personality
Her excitement for life
Her willingness to help
Her ability to recognize when I need help
Her desire to be obedient
Her hard work ethic
Her determination to do well at anything she tries
Her sensitivity to everyone's feelings
Her love for her brother's and sister's

I love you, Regan!  I'm so excited to watch you in all of your middle school activities!  It's going to be a great year!!  Regan is running cross country this year, she started the season a couple of weeks ago and is loving it so far.  She has her first meet on Friday at Sugar Salem High School!  Pictures to come!


4 comments:

Jocelyn said...

I'm so mad at myself. I'm sorry I didn't get her card sent. I will. One of these centuries.

She is gorgeous and one of the sweetest people I know. Sometimes when I see the 12 year olds in my ward, I can hardly believe they're the same age as Reg. Honestly, she is the shining example of what a 12 year old young woman should be. Love. Her.

Greg and Wendy said...

Love that sweet, sweet beautiful inside and out girl! And, yes, she is the epitome of the perfect Young Woman and a wonderful example for our other almost 8 granddaughters to emulate. Our soon-to-be 12 yr old Todd is that same shining example for our other 7 grandsons. How blessed we are to have these wonderful little souls in our lives.

Greg and Wendy said...

We had such a great time! Thanks for inviting us...love your birthday parties! Oh, that little Kami...I adore her! Love that picture with her and Grandpa!

janna said...

Happy bday Reagan

My blog is here jannas-life.blogspot.com