Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Grandpa & Grandma Rose's

We made a visit a couple of weeks ago to visit my mom after her 2nd knee surgery.  She's getting around amazingly well, though I'm sure she is in more pain than what she lets on.  She always greets us with a smile and gives the grandkids all of her attention.  The kids love playing out in the backyard and each have their favorite things that they like to do. 
Kaleb set up the race track on the patio which has 3 different levels.  The end of the racetrack was in mom and dad's zucchini plants so the boys had fun time searching for them among the vines.

Morgan LOVES to climb this tree in the backyard.  She gets higher and higher everytime and doesn't seem a bit afraid. 

I love this picture of her blending right in with the tree. 

Porter playing with the watering can!  Though I didn't get a picture of it, Kaleb is perfectly content with the hose and grandpa's long sprayer attached.  I think he spent at least an hour and a half spraying everything he could possibly think of in the backyard.
Kamryn loves to have Grandma paint her fingernails.  It's usually the first thing she asks for when we get there.  Mom is happy to oblige.  Porter loves going to grandma's house and has the cutest expression, kind of like the one on his face in this photo, whenever we go to "gumma's house."  I must admit that part of his excitement is over the "tandy" (candy) containers stashed throughout the house which always seemed to be well stocked. 
Jordyn isn't much in to climbing the tree but loves to hang on the branches for as long as she can hold on. 
I've always loved the front flowerbed.  It's always packed full of beautiful plants and colorful flowers.  Mom and dad are really great gardeners and have somehow managed to have a gorgeous garden despite the crazy weather.  I guess I shouldn't be surprised though.  I have vivid childhood memories of working in our VERY large garden for hours while rocking out to the Jet's.  I'll never forget the 5 gallon buckets full of green beans we were responsible to snap.  Funny thing is, I'm doing the very same thing to my kids only they're getting off easy.... we don't have anywhere near a 5 gallon bucket in a picking.  So kids, no complaining, PLEASE!


1 comment:

Greg and Wendy said...

Such fun! Love, love, love your visits! Could you possibly squeeze one in each day? Just kidding! But that's how much we love them!