Friday, April 30, 2010

This and That!

It has been seriously hectic around our house for the past 2 months!! I'm really not sure why put it just seems like there is rarely any down time so ,therefore, I've missed blogging about so many little happenings!

* Jordyn started piano a couple of months ago! She has begged me for 2 years now and of course, she thought she'd be a concert pianist after her first lesson. So, when I picked her up and asked her how things went, she responded very matter-of-fact, "well, that wasn't as fun as I thought it would be!" Thankfully, she's really enjoying it now that she's finally playing an actual song, (Old McDonald) on the black keys so she really does think she's ready for the big stuff! She also started her first season of soccer about the same time and was sure to tell anyone she had a conversation with just how busy she was going to be between soccer, piano, homework, reading, and, and of course, her daily primping in front of the mirror:)!! This little girl is something else!! She is just about as girly as they come--she's always painting her fingernails, combing her hair, dressing up, packing her purse, decorating her "boring" shirts with stickers, planning the next days outfit--you get the idea--and Kamryn is following right in her footsteps. She can't wait for Jordyn to get home from school so she'll dress her up, paint her nails, and just make a big fuss over her. It is really cute and especially fun to see the two of them playing together but I just may be in for it when the teenage years roll around. Anyway, Jordyn is truly one of a kind! She's smart, funny, whitty, charming, outgoing, sassy, confident, snuggly, and the list could go on and on. She's had a great year of Kindergarten thanks to her great teacher, Mrs. Campbell. She's 'reading so well know and loves to read to Kaleb at naptime. (I LOVE THAT) She's really ready
for first grade and looking forward to staying all day next year and being one of the "big kids!"
See what I mean??

* Kaleb, my little "cowboy in training" had his big dream come true a couple of weeks ago when he go to go with Grandpa and Grandma Rose out to Park Valley to brand cows. Seriously, I think he would've chosen that over DisneyLand any day. When he learned he was going with Grandpa, he of course made sure we'd packed his chaps, boots, cowboy shirt, cowboy pants, and hat and he was all smiles as he drove away in the car with Grandma!

These pictures tell the story of Kaleb's "most perfect" day!
Buddies! Kaleb and Grandpa going to work!
Hanging out with my cousin's, Aubrey and Shaylie (puffing out my chest to show what a tough cowboy I am)
Kaleb's job was loading the tagging gun and it was definetly a highlight of the day! According to Grandpa and Grandma, he was really in to what he was doing and intent on everything that was happening around him!

I LOVE these pictures that my mom took! This is what I grew up around and I consider it the good life and I miss it terribly. The older my kids get, the more I long for them to have these experiences where you learn to work hard at such a young age, where a stick and dirt make fabulous toys, where jumping ruts is the excitement of the day (pictured above), helping on the ranch with your dad! Though I love certain things about where we live, my heart will forever be in Park Valley!
Grandpa Rose, aka, Kaleb's hero, roping a calf!
Eatin' cookies after a hard days work!

On the way home just plain pooped!
The next day at Grandma and Grandpa Rose's house in Blackfoot! Rested and happy to be with G & G Rose! It is so adorable to watch Kaleb grow up genuinely loving all things "cowboy!" He loves being in wide open spaces, loves horses and cows, loves cowboy hats, chaps, ropes, etc. In fact, Grandpa Rose gave him a rope a couple of years ago and it is honestly his very favorite toy, well, besides the prodding stick that Grandpa sent him home with after branding. Unfortunetly, he and his sisters played tug-of-war with it a few too many times so Kaleb got it taken away for a time. Bummer!! Thanks G&G Rose for taking Kaleb along for the day--a little boys dream came true!

** Another random item--Regan and Morgan learn to sew aprons for activity days and decided they would give them to Grandma Rose and Grandma Johnson for an early Mother's Day. I think the girls were as excited as the Grandma's! I need to mention how much I love activity days and the wonderful leader's my girls have!! They are really learning some great skills!
more random items to follow.......now if I can just find the time

5 comments:

Greg and Wendy said...

Oh yes, you are in for it with these two little beauties...not to mention the other two! All I can say is thank goodness for regular scripture reading and discussion, FHE, and prayer at your house as well as those regular personal interviews!...and cleaning the shotgun on date nights won't hurt! haha! What fun to have them play together so well.

Greg and Wendy said...

So glad the weekend with Kaleb happened! Sometimes the spontaneous events work out the very best, don't they. We are so happy you are close enough to allow such opportunities. He is such a wonderful little boy. My favorite picture is the back shot of the two of them walking toward the gate! They are buddies, indeed.

Greg and Wendy said...

I wear the apron almost every day! It really is a favorite possession and such a sweet thing for Morgan to have done. Kudos to a wonderful Activity Day leader!

Jenelle said...

What a fun weekend! I love the little cowboy pictures, I don't think there is anything more down to earth than some good dirty work!

Brooke said...

Those aprons are so cute! I love reading about your kids and the fun times that you're all having! :)