Monday, June 1, 2009

We're almost 1!


Holy cow, I can't believe my little babies will be 1 year next Thursday. Their little personalities are so different but yet they can almost always be found playing together. I've been trying to get Kamryn to clap her hands for the longest time but she didn't want to have anything to do with it. So, one day they were eating in their high chairs and Porter started clapping his hands so all the sudden Kamryn starts grinning and starts clapping her hands along with him. What a little stink! She continues to be the little live wire while Porter is more content and easy going. Kamryn has had only volume this week and that has been LOUD, whether she's screaming at the top of her lungs or squealing for delight, she's just plain loud. Porter loves to follow her around with a big grin on his face and often tries to use her as his wall to help him stand up. She doesn't find that amusing at all!! Porter doesn't act like he's in too big of a hurry to walk but he crawls so fast and can get away from me if he really wants to. Kamryn practically runs now and church is all the sudden a big nightmare. Yesterday was a joke, the second we set foot in the chapel she made up her mind she wasn't going to be there. I spent the entire sacrament meeting in the mothers room wrestling her. I just refuse to let her run wild for fear she'll never sit still for me so I made her sit on my lap for a solid hour. Thank goodness I have so many willing to help me with the other kids when I have to make a mad dash out of a meeting. This is when I miss DJ sitting with me the most!

1 comment:

Brooke said...

I love how big your babies are getting! They are so cute! In response to your comment...it's called gates and toys. They'll play happy for awhile, so I work while they're happy. Thankfully I can bribe Savannah to play with them for periods of time and that's when I go through stuff. I'm about to start on the garage, we'll see how that goes!