Monday, March 12, 2012

pack rat

Otherwise known as: Jordyn Teichert

As I was cleaning up around the house after putting the kids to bed tonight, I couldn't help but notice Jordyn's backpack neatly laid out for school with her little shoes she'd picked out right beside it. Something else I couldn't help but notice was the size of the backpack.....it was so completely stuffed that the zipper was bursting. What did I find: her coat, 4 pairs of socks, yes, I did say 4, 3 of which were new socks that she's been looking for for quite some time, at least 20 school papers, 3 notes from her friends, multiple pieces of jewelry, 2 pairs of winter gloves, 1 snow hat, a workbook, 3 library books, 2 jackets, and some candy wrappers. No exaggeration!! Whenever I ask her to clean and organize her room I can almost always be sure that she will have reorganized all the junk on her dresser, and yes, the gum wrappers will be strategically placed around the dresser as part of the whole display.:) It kills me how she is so organized when it comes to things such as getting up in the morning right when her alarm goes off....every single morning, packing her own lunch and picking out the next days outfit the night before, school work is always done on time, she's almost always the first one ready for church, BUT, her room is just organized chaos, her backpack isn't much better, and now I'm curious about her school desk. Hmmmmm... I'm really looking forward to parent teacher conferences now! :) It's funny how some things never change because I remembered today that starting at the age of around 18 months, Jordyn had a fetish with purses/backpacks/bags of any kind. She'd always have at least 3 or 4 bags slung on her shoulder and they would all be packed with her most precious belongings (usually stuff that I deemed as trash) She was a happy little girl as long as she had her purses stuffed full. I love my little pack rat!

2 comments:

Greg and Wendy said...

I do too! She has my heart! Just curious, however...did you clean out her backpack or just leave it?

Jocelyn said...

She is so cute and adorable. I seriously sent Chloe downstairs with a garbage bag and instructions to clean up her nightstand and window sill. She came up an hour later with two things in the garbage bag and a newly organized junk area! Haha -- made me think of Jordyn! Love those girls!