Wednesday, March 14, 2012

My kids make me laugh

I found this gem of a picture on my camera today.  Regan and Morgan made up a play on Sunday afternoon having to do with the Word of Wisdom for something Morgan was working on in her Faith in God booklet.  I about wet my pants when I saw this picture....she was supposed to be the drunk guy that didn't obey the word of wisdom and Jordyn plays the part of the healthy athlete that drinks lots of water and eats the right kinds of food.  :)  Regan was the narrator and Kami was her cute assistant. 
Let's just hope that this side of Morgan NEVER comes out :):)


This is her favorite hat EVER, given to her by her cousin, Kate!
----------------
Regan opened the fridge the other day and says, "Um, mom, are we poor?  Did dad lose his job?"  Yes, the fridge was nearly empty due to the lack of time I have these days for grocery shopping!  I don't know why her comment struck me so funny but I laughed my head off about it all day long and I surprised her with a really full fridge the next day:)
--------------
We took the kids to the LDS Visitors Center by the Temple a couple of weeks ago.  The sweet Sister Missionary showed the kids 2 cute movies that were each 1 minute long entitled, "Cupcake Girls" and "Cupcake Boys".  They are cute little "Mormon Messages" where kids just about the ages of Porter and Kami split their cupcakes among their friends.  So, the other day, Kami was asking Porter to share his granola bar with her and he very seriously looks at her and says, "Um..dees are not cupcakes, they are noger bars (granola bars) so I don't have to share with you."  I had to laugh even though she didn't find it a bit amusing. 
-----------------
We got to go see my sister Lori and her cute kids in a really cute play last Friday evening.  We all loved the play but Kaleb was just enthralled with the whole thing.  He laughed his head off through the whole play and was panicked when he could tell it was coming to a close.  He leaned over to me right after it was over and said, "I want to be in a play, but how can I?"  It was so cute and so sincere.  The kid just loves music and loves the idea of being on stage in front of a crowd.



2 comments:

Greg and Wendy said...

My grandkids make ME laugh! Porter...ha, ha, ha! That child is too sharp for his own good! Loved this post and loved being with you a couple of times over the past few days!

Oh, and where was Kaleb for this little play? He had his perfect opportunity to be "on stage"!

Lindsay said...

Thanks for always commenting on my blog. It makes me so happy!

I love when you and Julie post about your kid's funny moments. They always make me laugh so much. Our fridge is looking pretty bare as well tonight- I find it so hard to make it to the grocery store. There is always something else that comes first.