Friday, January 13, 2012

Christmas Holiday Ski Pics

Lunch in the lodge!  Perfect time to eat and thaw our toes and hands!

Kaleb & Mom
The view at the top of the mountain-breathtaking!
Porter's first time down the mountain with the harness--nifty contraption! 
Jordyn on her first run down the mountain--she was a little nervous and preferred that DJ and I stay pretty close to her and if we either got too far in front or too far behind she'd let us know!:)  She's a good little skiier, just a little apprehensive.


Porter had this grin on his face the whole time he was on the hill.  He thought he was pretty cool stuff skiing down the hill.  Makes me wonder what he'll be like when he's unleashed from the harness.  It could be scary!:)  Morgan and Regan LOVE skiing and are both getting really good.  Regan loves skiing on her own and likes to see how many trips she can take down the mountain before and after lunch.  Morgan is a pretty confident skier but enough apprehensive that I don't have to worry to much that she'll try something stupid (famous last words)!  They both enjoyed skiing with their cousins Tana and Janae this year!

Regan enjoying some lunch while she thaws and DJ giving Kaleb some last minute instructions on the hill.
There goes Porter & DJ!
 (I was proud of myself that I didn't crash while taking tons of video and pictures of the kids while skiing)



This was Kami's expression the first time down the mountain!  She was one sad chick until she made it safely to the bottom and then she was all smiles for the rest of the time.

I made it down the hill mom!!!
Look Mom, I'm doing it!!

Tana and Jordyn tearing up the hills!  Tana is afraid of NOTHING!!!  She had only been on the hill one day and she was skiing right along with Regan, Morgan, Jordyn, and Janae! 

Getting off the lift while carrying a kid with skies on plus all the poles is never easy (I'm speaking for myself) DJ had no problems and I was amazed at how good he was with the harness!  He's always loved to ski but I think he enjoys it even more now that he sees the kids having such a great time.  

Having a little fun with the camera on the lift (until I just about dropped it off the lift) 
Warming our bums by the fire!


6 comments:

Greg and Wendy said...

Thanks for sharing these fun pictures. What lucky kids to have both parents who like to ski.

Lindsay said...

What great pictures. I love that you captured all of their fun expressions. This looks like such a fun outing!

Sara Rose said...

So fun! Cute pictures!

Greg and Wendy said...

You do a ski hat justice, my dear! You're adorable!

Seth and Natalie said...

Those are such cool pictures, and I am super duper impressed you could do that while skiing! I can't even stay off my bum, let alone try to do anything else :) What a bunch of cool kids you have!

Brooke said...

You are so pretty! It looks like such a fun time! :)