Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Halloween 2011

I'm so behind, but what's new??  Halloween was a lot of fun even though it's quickly becoming a faded memory....time is just flying by.  Anyway, the kids made a candy haul once again and had no problem downing it all in a short period of time.  Porter and Kamryn thought they'd died and gone to heaven with all their favorite candy right at their fingertips. It was pretty funny to watch them dump out their bucket time after time just to go through and see what yummy thing they could eat next.  I just let them eat and have a good time and then it was gone.  That's the way I like it.  I did put some away for out gingerbread house making project that we plan to do at the first of December.  Should be lots of fun especially with the variety of candy!  Anyway, the kids all looked adorable and me, well, maybe not so adorable but I had a ton of fun dressing up right along with the kids.  Porter was not loving my face but Kami thinks I ought to sport that look every day!  She's a hoot!  My favorite comment of the night regarding my costume came from a guy in my ward, he said, "Hey, Sister Teichert, that's the best you've ever looked!"  Hardy Har Har!!!
One adorable pumpkin and Miss Fancy Nancy!  Jordyn couldn't have been happier with her costume!
Power Ranger to the rescue!!  And, the zombie soccer player (Morgan couldn't decide what to be so this is what she finally came up with--pretty easy, huh, and she was happy so that's what counts)
  
                  Regan in her bathtub costume (she's such a good sport) and Little Porter Bear!
What did I go as??  Well, I went as myself, frazzled mother of six children, housewife, Bishop's wife, etc.!:)

I had to post this gem--this was taken just before we left for the trunk-or-treat.  Can you believe I would actually make Kamryn eat her dinner before I let her gorge herself on candy??? What a mean mom.  Yes, she did finish every bite!

Man, they are growing up way too fast!  They loved Halloween this year!

4 comments:

Jocelyn said...

How did I not know you did this???? You look AWESOME!!! I'm SO stealing that idea one of these years. Awesome awesome awesome awesome. Awesome.

I am in LOVE with Jordyn's costume, too. She looks just like Fancy Nancy and I knew who she was before reading it...pitch perfect! Lily thinks she wants to be Junie B. Jones next year for Halloween. I think it will be fun if she actually sticks with it. :)

I love all their costumes. Regs looks so cute and all the rest, too. Just awesome!

Seth and Natalie said...

Those costumes are great! Especially yours, but you are a busy/bishop's wife and never look like that :)
I actually love the soccer zombie look, it's awesome.
I met a neighbor of yours at a dr's office in Rigby yesterday. Saying the name Teichert is like a magic word that lets me hear lots of "DJ and Cindy are so wonderful" kinds of comments. I love it!

Greg and Wendy said...

Is it okay for your Mom to say "Stinkin'adorable!"? Well, there you go, I said it! I love every costume but our little Fancy Nancy was extra darling since it fit her personality to a "Tee"! You and Regan are great sports...very original and clever ideas! Porter and Kami's costumes looked so warm and cozy!

Lindsay said...

I absolutely LOVE your costume! haha so awesome!

And I LOVE the fancy Nancy costume- I would never think of that- she looks just like her. those are the cutest books and I can't wait to collect them all when I have a girl someday! Everyone looks so cute- you seriously have the most beautiful family!