Monday, October 10, 2011

Soccer and Cross Country season's coming to a close

Soccer isn't quite over yet but Morgan has had another awesome season. I think their team is undefeated (I know, it's ridiculous that I'm not sure on that) but, whatever!  I know I say this after every season but she genuinely loves soccer and she just improves so much every time she plays.  She's scored a couple of goals this season but even better than that, her passing is improving so much. She's putting so much thought in to who and where she is passing and it's especially fun to watch her footwork.  She looks forward to practices and games although she's been a little sad this season because DJ hasn't been able to make it to any of her games because of his classes being held on Thursday evenings. So, I've been recording some minutes of each game and always manage to successfully miss her goals and some of her best moves.  Oh well, its the thought that counts, right?   There team is so much fun to watch because every girl out there is there to win.  Most of them have played together for several years now and we've had the same coach (my neighbor and friend) who does a great job coaching these girls!  Needless to say, we all have a great time visiting and watching the girls play some awesome soccer!  Anyway, on to Cross Country, Regan finished her season last Wednesday and had another awesome season.  She placed in the top 10 at every meet!  I was able to make it to all of her meets this year and have thoroughly enjoyed cheering she and her teammates on every meet. It's such a fun sport even though some of the meets are definetly easier to cheer at than others.  The binoculars have come in handy more often then not this season although I still was able to run around to different places at several of the courses to cheer her on. She is a talented runner and their whole team had another great season.  I think Regan is a bit nervous for next year as she'll be on the High School team where they run 3 miles instead of just the mile and a half courses but I think she'll do just fine. 

Yes, this is the only still picture I have from soccer this season.  Sad, I know, but I have taken TONS of video which makes up for the lack of still pictures.  So, hopefully I get those uploaded soon for the Grandma's and Grandpa's to enjoy!  She's so much fun to watch or maybe it's just because I'm her mother!

Regan with some of her xc buddies at Tiger Grizz (She placed 5th at this meet)  I think there were 13 or so teams and 150 + runners!  She was one excited girl!

This is Regan with Shawna (our nephew Adam's wife) They live in American Falls where Regan's last meet was last Wednesday so she and her cute little boy Austin came to cheer Regan on even though the weather was just down right YUCK! Regan was extra happy because she took first place at this meet!

Regan at Tiger Grizz in Idaho Falls

2 comments:

Greg and Wendy said...

These are great pictures of both the girls! And I will concur...they are both SO much fun to watch! Wish we could have made it to every game and every meet, but at least we made a few! Such little athletes these Teichert kids are and they obviously come by it naturally! Great job girls! Grams and Gramps are so proud of you!

Brooke said...

Your girls are so cute! (And so talented, just like you!)

I love reading your posts!