Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Jordy's Baptism Day

Saturday was Jordyn's special Baptism Day.  She had so many family members and friends there to support her and the whole day was just perfect.  I had so many people comment on how much they love how our Stake conducts the baptisms.  We have a wonderful Stake Primary presidency that organizes everything and of course, our Stake Priesthood leaders are so sweet and on the ball.  We listened to 2 youth speakers who gave talks on Baptism and the Holy Ghost.  Then our High Council leader who is over the Stake Baptisms spoke for a minute and then turned the time to each Bishop to introduce each Baptismal candidate.  DJ had the opportunity of introducing Jordyn and she was just beaming the whole time.  The baptism and confirmation were both special and the spirit was so strong.  While she was waiting for DJ to get dressed after the baptism, she went around gave each person in the room a big hug.  This is a day she's been waiting for and talking about with so much excitement for so long!  I hope she will always remember this day and honor the covenants that she's entered in to and that she'll always listen to the whisperings of the spirit.  Anyway, it's just crazy to me that she is our 3rd daughter to be baptized.  The years are just passing me by! After the baptism we all came back for a yummy dinner at the our house and just enjoyed visiting and eating while we watched Jordy's baptism video.  It was so much fun watching the kids play together so well and I seriously enjoyed spending time visiting with being around so many of our family members and I didn't even feel stress about the day.  We're so blessed to be surrounded by such supportive families, I just hope my kids realize how blessed they are!
DJ and Jordyn before the baptism

Our 4 special girls!

The Grandparents plus my wonderful Grandma Johnson!

Beautiful Jordyn! 
My sweet mother-in-law, and two of my sisters-in-law, Ann and Trinny!

Regan and Yoli (Dang, I'm sure I slaughtered that spelling)

My beautiful sis, Lor and her awesome husband Brad!

My sweet sister-in-law, Christine and my good friend Billy!

My gorgeous and sweet sis, Julie and I!

My wonderful and supportive parents with me!  Oh how I love these two people!
****

3 comments:

Greg and Wendy said...

Such a beautifully perfect day! Jordyn was so prepared for her baptism. We were so impressed with her maturity and understanding. And I loved that without prompting she gave everyone that had come to support her a big, genuine hug! Love that girl! And by the way, we LOVE YOU, TOO!

Sara Rose said...

Wish we could have been there! I feel like I write that a lot :( Congrats Jordyn on making such a special and important decision to get baptized! We love and miss you!

Brooke said...

What a beautiful day! I love your in-law family, and you guys. I so wish we were closer...