Tuesday, August 30, 2011

What we did this summer!

I can't believe how much stuff I missed blogging about this summer.  I kind of feel guilty about it but then again, I was so busy having fun that taking my camera along and blogging just seemed like too much hassle.  So, Sunday evening, DJ asked the kids if they could recall all of the fun things we did this summer and this is the list everyone came up with!  I wish I could say I'd follow up with some awesome pics of our fun but I'd be lying.  I'm so far behind in so many areas of my life it's pathetic so I'll settle with my exciting list!

*  June and half of July was spent participating in Gem State Track Club which was well worth the time and effort it took to get all the kids to practices twice a week and track meets every other week.  They all learned a lot and I think Kaleb may have caught the running bug. He actually ran his first 5k this summer in Cokeville.  He finished, with a little help from his darling cousin, Leona carrying him on her back for a couple of minutes.  Anyway, he was so happy with himself when he crossed the finish line and was even more excited when our family won a huge bag of Swedish fish for having the most members of the family participate.  (6 out of our 8) Grandma Teichert told him it was all because of him that we won so he felt like a big star for the day!  Oh, did I mention that the poor kid was so sore for a couple of days he had a hard time walking up the stairs.  :)
*  BYU-I Alumni week activities including the 50 lap relay and a 5k earlier in the summer
*  Rose family reunion at the Allen's in Logan- complete with a huge blow up water slide for their backyard!  (we're totally doing this next year)  Oh, and to make it even better, Uncle Stanton rented another backyard blowup slide and jump house for the next day and took us all to Cars 2!!   It was awesome to have everyone together for a day before Matt and Sara and their kids left for China where they'll be for the next year.  We're excited for them but soooo sad that they are so far away. 
*  The kids and I went to Park Valley for a day for my cousin's baby's blessing.  I got to see lots of my extended family so I'm calling it a mini- family reunion!
*  We spent a week at Music Camp in Rupert with the Wilson clan!  The week was full of classes, performances, and lots of time in Aunt Lori's swimming pool.  It doesn't get much better than that!
*  Several movie nights at our neighbor's house (Berrett's)  They hold it in their yard every Friday night and project the movie on the side of their house and invite all who want to come.  Seriously, it's so much fun and the kids think it's the best!!!
*  4th of July barbecue with the Berrett family
*  Johnson family reunion in Salt Lake- We got to spend a full day visiting and getting reacquainted with my cousins that I haven't seen in so long.  I think what I most enjoyed was seeing all of our kids have so much fun with their second cousins.  It just made me wish we lived closer to one another. I also loved watching my Grandma have such a good time.  She truly enjoys every minute with her family and we love her so much! 
*  Attended my cousin Nate's wedding the same weekend as the reunion.  Nate and Shelby make the cutest couple and their wedding was beautiful.  I'm so happy for both of them and so glad that we got to be a part of their special day.
*  We spent a day at Rigby Lake with the Berrett girls across the street
*  We also spent a day with the kids (minus Regan because she was babysitting) at Rexburg Rapids the new water park in Rexburg
*  We had several picnics at the park with friends
*  We enjoyed the 24th of July celebration in Cokeville with DJ's family.  We ran the early morning 5k with the the kids (minus Porter and Kamryn), attended the program at the church where Elder Perry was in attendance, enjoyed the afternoon with family, and then went and watched the big rodeo from the roof of Jonathan's house. Kamryn, Porter, and Kaleb all decided they wanted to try and catch the rabbits and chicken.  They weren't successful in their efforts and Kamryn was not pleased at all.  She was sure she was going to take one home.
* The girls had a fun sleepover with Grandma and Grandpa Rose which I hope to blog about soon.  My parents are the best and they really know how to throw a party!
*  We made a trip to Winnemucca, NV, for our nephew Zach's homecoming from his mission. 
*  We spent a fun day in Burley with Ann and Val where they took us boating all afternoon and then to the fair and rodeo that evening.  Morgan and Regan both learned to water ski and all the kids had a blast  riding the tube.  Oh, and DJ and I got to waterski again, it's always a thrill when the old people can get up on ski's!:)
*  Regan attended Trek for 4 days and Girls' Camp for 4 days!  She's had a great summer
*  We went to the movies,  ice cream, lots of trips to the library, and just enjoyed not having a schedule

4 comments:

Greg and Wendy said...

Can you believe you packed all that into three short months? And I mean SHORT! You always make sure your kids have plenty of fun in the summer as well as challenging them to do hard things and watching them accomplish them! We're proud of you and DJ AND the kids, of course!

Brooke said...

That sounds like such a fun Summer! :) Those memories will be priceless for the kids (and you and DJ) forever!

Lindsay said...

Busy busy busy! Sounds so fun though!

Jocelyn said...

Such a great summer, Cind. I love these great months home with the kids. I also love that you chose to leave the camera home and just be in the moment. It's fun to do that!

Love you.