Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Dummy

After my last post about Regan's Birthday festivities, I realized I didn't include any of her actual birthday pictures so I went to retrieve them and they aren't there!!  I'm losing it in my old age.  We celebrated a couple of days early because we were traveling to Nevada on her birthday.  She took a ton of time making her own birthday cake out of 48 cupcakes decorated in pastel colors.  It was so stinking cute and took her all afternoon.  Do you think I can find the pictures, NOOOOOO!  I'm sure they'll turn up just like the last bunch I lost but it's maddening in the meantime.  She had a fun birthday and got some really fun and cute things.  Grandma and Grandpa Rose took her on a shopping trip to Down East Outfitters before her birthday and spoiled her with lots of new Sunday clothes. She looks like a million bucks and is happy to have some new things that actually fit her right.  Grandma and Grandpa Teichert spoiled her with a big check in the mail so DJ and I took her shopping again and this time she spent the money on pants, jewelry, and hair stuff.  She's not a big spender and she's a really good bargain shopper so I never have to worry about her wasting money.  Grandma Teichert also surprised her with another shirt and some more jewelry on her birthday while we were in Nevada.  DJ and I gave her a new bedspread and desk lamp for her bedroom and a hymn book with her name engraved on it.  Morgan gave her several sets of earrings and made her the cutest journal decorated with scrapbook paper and flowers.  Jordyn gave her hand sanitizer for her locker and back pack because Regan's our "germ freak" and Kaleb gave her a locker mirror.  That night we watched a movie called "Soul Surfer" and then enjoyed her cupcake cake outside that evening.  I'm hoping and praying that I can find the pictures of her special day.

Here's what I did find. On our way out to Nevada we stopped in Jackpot for dinner at Winger's for Regan's birthday.  The food was awesome and Regan was serenaded by the waitresses and cooks while she sported a chicken hat!  Then they served her a huge platter of dessert with 8 spoons so we could all have a taste. She was embarrassed but I think she was secretly pretty happy about the whole thing. 
Doesn't she look embarrassed yet pleased? 
Doesn't our family look like a bunch of big pigs in this picture?  The kids couldn't wait to dig in the Regan's dessert and she was happy to share.  I just have to laugh at all 6 of them swarmed around one plate. 
We were all laughing so hard because Kaleb was a little reckless with his spoon and dribbled ice cream all over Regan's arm.  And then he proceeded to lick her arm clean.  I shouldn't have laughed but I couldn't help it!  I can only imagine what the people in the next booth were thinking;) 
Of course a few of the kids had to have their turns with the chicken hat.   

1 comment:

Seth and Natalie said...

Your family is such a good one, it really looks like all your kids just love one another. Not the fakey love, but really do love each other. I'm glad you found some pictures, I want to see some of the new clothes Regan got for her b-day.