Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Happy 13th Birthday, Regan!

Um......can someone please tell me how it's possible that I have a 13 year old??  Okay, I know how, but I'm just wondering where the past 13 year have gone.  I can remember the day Regan was born like it was yesterday.  I remember being scared out of my mind at the thought of caring for such a tiny little baby and wondering how Heavenly Father could possibly trust little old me to take care of her.  I remember DJ holding her shortly after she was born and carrying her around like a little China doll.  He was one proud daddy!  I know Heavenly Father knew that we'd need Regan as our first child.  She's been the perfect example for all of her younger siblings and she's been an amazing help to me and a huge blessing to our family.  She's beautiful inside and out and strives to do and be her very best in all aspects of her life.  We love you more than you'll ever know, Regan!  Happy 13th Birthday--we hope this year will be filled with lots of great things!
My neighbor and friend (also our camp director) took these pictures of Regan in preparation for our ward Girl's camp!  (I think they are gorgeous but I'm the mom so I can think that!)

This is Regan at approximately a week old.  She was a tiny little thing and so beautiful. 
Here's proof that she did fill out after a couple of months! 
Here's a few things we love about Regan and a few things things she's accomplished this year! 
*  She's been working diligently on her Personal Progress for the Young Women program and she's nearing half way done already!
*  She earned a little bit of extra money this summer babysitting for a lady in our ward and was excited to have her own money to school shop with.
*  She attended Girl's Camp for her second year
*  She got to go on Trek and had a great experience getting a tiny taste of pioneer life for 4 days!
*  She learned how to water ski (just one day before her birthday!!!!)
* She ran "3" 5k's this year and ran great times in all 3
* She survived her first year in middle school and served on the student council, ran cross country and track and still managed to get great grades!
*  She hiked Table Rock with DJ, Morgan, and her friend Lindee (actually that is happening right now and we're anxiously awaiting their safe arrival home)
Some of my favorite things about Regan is that she's genuine, she's quick to forgive, quick to say she's sorry when she's wrong, and she tries hard to make people happy around her.  She's always looking for ways to help me around the house and can often be found doing the dishes and loads of laundry without being asked.  She loves holidays, loves birthdays (not just her own), loves candy, loves goodies, loves fancy dinners, loves running, loves organizing, in fact, she's spent the last 2 days organizing she and Jordyn's wardrobe's for the first couple of weeks in school, right down to the last piece of jewelry!:):)  She likes to cook, she's funny, sarcastic, and hates it when I play jokes on her.  One example was a couple of weeks ago we were headed home from grocery shopping and when we were nearing home she was being a big goofball and rocking out to some music in the car.  She was being seriously goofy so I pretended that I had just passed this cute boy that's in our stake that lives out in this area along side the road and he was just staring at her and giving her all kinds of weird looks.  I was having the hardest time keeping a straight face but apparently I did a pretty good job because she totally fell for it and was so embarrassed.  I know, I'm a rotten mother but I couldn't pass up an opportunity like that.  We were both laughing our heads off when I finally told her I was joking!  Regan loves spending time with her friends but she'll always choose her family first.  I hope that never changes.  Sorry if this seems like a brag-fest but I just want Regan to know just how proud of her we are.  She has a strong testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and she sincerely wants to make good choices in her life. We love you Regan and hope that you will continue following in your Savior Jesus Christ's footsteps.   

And now a random bunch of pictures I found while going through photo books.  They're all mixed up because I don't have time to arrange them.   





 
  





5 comments:

Seth and Natalie said...

A sweet girl like that deserves a brag fest! Happy birthday! She is such a beautiful girl, I wish we could see her more often. I'd hire her to watch my kids any day, and they would love it. Ry still asks to go back and visit you guys, hopefully we will.

Seth and Natalie said...

Oh yeah, you look exactly the same as 13 years ago, only with more stylish hair. You are one hot mamma! Regan has a lot to look forward to in getting older.

Greg and Wendy said...

It seems impossible that we have a 13-year-old granddaughter! We loved reading this post...every word of it is true! She is the consummate oldest child and oldest grandchild...just a perfect example for the others to emulate! How we love her! Oh, and let's face it...the girl is drop-dead gorgeous just like her Mom!

Greg and Wendy said...

Loved the walk down memory lane with the pics you've posted...precious memories that seem like they occurred yesterday!

Lindsay said...

Ok that young Reagan is the one I recognize...not the 13 year old! She is so beautiful!