Monday, March 21, 2011

St. Patty's Day Funny

We never get too in to St. Patrick's Day around here except for the kids having to wear green because they don't want to get pinched at school.  But, other than that, I just don't do much of anything so I was laughing when Morgan and Jordyn's Discovery teacher called to tell me a funny thing.  She was talking to the kids about the history of St. Patrick's Day and about the Leprechaun's and she said Jordyn was just sitting there with the funniest look on her face like she didn't know what to think about this whole idea.  One little kid piped up and said that last year on St. Patty's Day he got home from school and his mom was furious because she had gone in to his bedroom after he left for school and found tons of tiny green pieces of paper spread all over the room.  He tried to tell her he didn't do it but she didn't believe him and he got in tons of trouble (those darn Leprechauns.)  Of course their teacher was laughing her head off and still watching Jordyn's funny expressions, so after class Jordyn ran up to the teacher and asked her if there really was such a thing as a Leprechaun, Susie (the teacher) said, "you know Jordyn, I'm really not sure, I've never seen one."  So, after talking to her teacher, I decided I'd play a little trick on she and Morgan and spread little tiny green pieces of paper all over their room just to see what kind of reaction I'd get out of Jordyn.  So, when Morgan and Jordyn got home from school, I was trying to act really mad and told them I was so upset about the mess of tiny green papers they had made in their room.  Morgan quickly figured me out but Jordyn was so bewildered and a little irritated by the whole situation when Kaleb come running in to the room saying, "no mom, their room isn't a mess anymore, I went in and saw the huge mess before preschool and cleaned it all up for them."  hahahah!  Plans foiled!  Jordyn went running downstairs only to find a few remaining papers and is still confused as to who made the mess.  I think I'll let her stew over it for another year. I haven't stopped laughing to myself about Kaleb cleaning up my huge mess, aaaaahh, this obsessive compulsive cleaning thing is making me crazy.:) 

4 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Man, where can I get a Kaleb???!!

Seriously, though, that's really funny! I bet that left jordyn even more bewildered!!!

Lindsay said...

haha that's great! How awesome is Kaleb! That's so cute about Jordyn!

Greg and Wendy said...

I remember a little girl that couldn't stand a messy room! No only that, she rearranged hers every week or two! You are just the cutest Mom...I would love to have seen that look on Jordy's face!

Seth and Natalie said...

I am laughing so hard about him cleaning it up! Rylee keeps asking me if leprechauns are real, but Seth keeps her interested with pots of gold and rainbows.