Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Ouch!

Kamryn decided to take a dive off the back of the basement couches right on to the tile head first yesterday.  She had a nice big goose egg on her forehead within about 10 seconds.  Thanks to a bag of peas and a few snuggles, she survived the fall, although she looks like she's an abused child.  Thankfully the swelling has gone down quite a bit but the different shades of purple are starting to show.  I was thinking I should take a picture of the damage but I thought it would be so mean so I refrained until a few minutes later when she asked in between sobs, "mommy take a picture to show daddy."  So, I'm not a meany, she asked for these pictures!  Funny, huh?  She was so excited to show DJ her ouchy and kept laughing and saying, "Daddy say, no more monkey's jumping on the bed." 

5 comments:

Greg and Wendy said...

Oh, that is the meanest-looking goose egg! Poor thing! Can't believe she came up with the "no more monkeys" line for this situation...smart little bugger, isn't she? Hope she's better today.

Greg and Wendy said...

Oh, those pictures are breaking my heart! I wonder sometimes how kids survive to adult-hood!

Lori Wilson said...

Dang.... I'm cringing and gagging at the same time. I HATE it when my kids get hurt. I'm a way bigger wimp about it than they are.

Seth and Natalie said...

Owie! I'm so glad we get a little more coordinated as we get older, because I don't think I could just get over a bump like that. I'd probably just die, tell her she is one tough cookie!

Lindsay said...

Wow! That is one giant goose-egg! Sad!