Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Sneakiness

Here's Mr. Sneaky pants himself making a bed on the floor right outside of his room.  He was so proud of himself, we decided not to move him until he was fast asleep. You've got to give the kid credit for trying to out-smart us.  More often then not, after I put him to bed, I'll be downstairs putting the others to bed when I see him out of the corner of my eye with a blanket pulled over his face tip toeing quietly.  It cracks me up because he seriously thinks we can't see him.  Yesterday he got up from his nap a little too early and was super grumpy.  I gave him a cracker and after a few minutes went by, I found him fast asleep on the computer room floor.  

Kids are always so stinking cute when they're asleep!:) 



In stark contrast, Kamryn stays in her bed almost all the time, even when her sneaky brother keeps going in and out of the room.  She always manages to fall fast asleep through all the noise and generally sleeps all night.  They both wake up for drinks occasionally but they go back to sleep pretty fast.  The same goes for naptime, with the exception of a few weeks ago when they decided to play together instead of sleep so I separated them for about a week until they begged to sleep together again.  We're giving it another try and it's working out pretty well. 

I've learned something about these little people.  They are great friends, when there isn't a 3rd person involved (Kaleb).  Nothing against Kaleb, it's just that the old saying, "3's a crowd" is really true.  It's nice when Kaleb is at preschool because they get a little over an hour before naptime to play together with nobody around.  They play house, cowboys and cowgirls, they ride their motorcycle and tractor around the bar time after time, they play dress-up (well, Porter's definition of dressing up is his swimming suit, while Kami loves anything girly, girl!)  They bring smiles to my face daily, and a few tears.  But, the good definetly out-weighs the bad. 

2 comments:

Greg and Wendy said...

Love this post! These two little people just tug at my heartstrings. I love them so much it hurts! I remember some sneaky little kids at bedtime who were sure we didn't see them either! I know Matt and Lori were guilty but don't remember you...were you? haha

Seth and Natalie said...

That's a pretty nice bed he made for himself. Dax just crashes on the floor by his door until we push him out of the way and put him in bed. I'm glad they can play together so well, at least when they are alone.