Monday, January 3, 2011

Could life get any busier?

They say it does, sorry people, don't believe ya!!!  I haven't even eaten breakfast yet and it's 2:40 in the afternoon.  I'm just now getting ready for the day and I've spent all day on the phone making every appointment possible--dentist, doctor, eye doctor, gastroentrologist (Jordyn), vehicle Dr. appt., and the list goes on.  I'm not complaining, just recording for future purposes when all 6 kids are older and I'm running my head off and asking myself the same question; could life get any busier????  

Christmas was wonderful!  The kids were so excited, especially when they opened our family gift which is a trip to Disney Land in March.  Thanks to DJ's work at BYU I, he gets to attend a 3 day conference in Long Beach and his family gets to come along.  We plan to be gone a total of 10 days squeezing in everything we possibly can along the way. YEAH!!!!
We spent a few great days in Cokeville with DJ's family.  We skied, we tubed, we ate, we visited, we watched lots of football (DJ is one happy man), we visited DJ's sweet sister Patty in the nursing home, we played with cousins, and tired DJ's poor parents out.  But, it was a blast and we loved every minute of our time with them.

We're still trying to get answers with Jordyn's stomach problems.  She's still miserable a lot of the time, throwing up random foods that don't agree with her stomach, having diarrhea, and still has a very distended stomach most of the time.  Her latest ailment was a nice boil looking thing on her back that needed a Dr's attention.  Thanks to my brother-in-law, Stanton who is a dentist, was sweet enough to take a look at it and then proceeded to pop the darn thing.  Sorry to be so graphic but it was pretty disgusting.  Don't know if all these weird things that keep happening to her are all related but I'd like some answers really soon.  Oh, to make matters worse, the poor kid had to get one of her back baby teeth pulled that was sitting way too low.  Thanks to a little sedation, she made it through fine.

Kaleb also had his turn in the dental chair this past week.  He had a big cavity that was too big to be filled so he has a pretty silver cap on one of his back baby teeth.  Thanks again to my brother-in-law, Stanton!

Regan has basketball tryouts today.  Wish her luck.  She wants to make the team so bad!

Morg's starts indoor soccer next week.  She's pumped and ready for some serious business soccer!

I'm excited for 2011.  I love the New Year.  It's a time for me to make new goals that I probably won't accomplish.  (just kidding)  I didn't do too bad with 2010's goals.  I didn't play the piano near as much as I had planned but I did a little better.  I had a little more patience with the kids but I totally blew it the last week of December.  I totally blew up and had a melt down with all of them so here's hoping 2011 will be "blow up" free!!!  I just love when I act childish and immature (NOT):)  I read 2 books, my goal was to read 1 (sad I know), took a trip to Hawaii with my hubby and his parents, check that one off.  Had a fun family vacation with the kids, and studied my scriptures a little more frequently.

I have just a few goals for 2011.  #1- get more sleep- now if I can just convince the kids to stop coughing, whining, sleep talking, knocking me on the forehead when they can't sleep, throwing up (Jordyn), falling out of bed (Kamryn), using the bathroom in the middle of the night, etc.  I think this is an unrealistic goal, what do you think?
#2 goal- more patience-I'm going to try this one again-It's January 3rd and it's going great!! 3 days down and 362 more to go!

More to come tomorrow.

5 comments:

Seth and Natalie said...

Holy mackerel, you are super duper busy. The best thing about your kids growing up a little will be more sleep. I am kind of missing that right now, but this too shall pass. My goal every year is to always be a better mother. I'm not sure if I am ever more patient or loving, but at least I'm thinking I want to be. That's a step forward, right?

Greg and Wendy said...

I think all one can do is take a look back to the beginning of last year and ask the question, "Am I at at least a little better now than I was back then?" And I know you are!
I'll call you about Jordy.

Christie said...

Poor little Jordy!!! If you don't get answers consider Primary Childrens. I 'll keep her in my prayers. Don't be to hard on yourself, when my kids were your kids age, my new years goal was to make it through the year!!! And I almost didn't accomplish that, haha, love ya!!!!

Jocelyn said...

I'm really hoping you can get Jordyn some help. Sweet little thing.

Yep to all the other stuff, too.

Brooke said...

You are amazing! I hope that you guys are able to figure out soon what's bothering Jordyn's tummy.