Saturday, January 8, 2011

It's been an extremely busy week:
*  Jordyn's Dr. called with her latest blood test results which are pretty comparable with the last ones only they both indicate low levels of IGA, often called selective immunoglobulin A deficiency, which is a type of immune disease.  He's baffled because her health history doesn't really match the definition of someone with this deficiency so he's pretty much stumped.  He's been in contact with one of the Pediatric Gastroenterologist at Primary Children's in Salt Lake off an on in the last month so we're headed down there next.  Unfortunately, we can't get her in for over a month so we're playing the waiting game and just trying to keep her in school since she's missed way too much.  In the meantime, she has an appointment in a week to possibly get her tonsils out which is something that we've needed to do for a long time.  Maybe by some chance, it will take care of all the stomach problems.  It's a stretch, I know, but stranger things have happened. 

*  To make things even more crazy, Regan saw the orthodontist this week and he's suggesting that she get 4 teeth pulled and then space maintainers both on top and bottom.  She's 12 and she still has 9 teeth to lose and if we don't do anything, she'd be looking at having to have chains and headgear.  After hearing that, she quickly decided that getting teeth pulled didn't sound so bad.  We're planning to get this all done in the next 2 weeks!

*  Regan tried out for the basketball team this week but didn't make it.  She handled it really well, probably better than I did.  Why is it always harder on the parent?  I hate seeing my kids sad.  Anyway, our neighbor, Ashlee made it so we were all excited about that!  I guess the good thing about it is that we'll get to take advantage of the school's ski programs.  We're planning to ski at Kelly Canyon next Friday with the Elementary school.  Yeah!

*  I'm feeling the pull to restock my food storage.  This is such a battle for me because our family eats so blasted much food. I feel like I can't keep it stocked without spending insane amounts of money.  I keep reminding myself of what President Hinckley always said, "one can at a time."  Hopefully I'll get a few things done this next week when our Relief Society goes to the cannery.

*  I love our library!  Everytime I go in there, they've rearranged things and made things even better.  I took the kids this week and came back with 31 really cute kids books so we've been busy reading.  I hope I'll be a little better about reading to the babies this year than last. 

4 comments:

Lori Wilson said...

I've loved catching up on your blog! My gosh, so much is going on in your family right now. You've got a great attitude and the proper perspective, though. I know you'll be able to solve Jordy's problem eventually. Poor little thing. Hope the tonsil stuff goes well. All the pics of the kids are so adorable. You do an amazing job of spotlighting each one individually. You're an amazing mom.

Brooke said...

I am way too impressed with everything you do and handle with such grace. I hope that Jordyn gets feeling better, I hope that Regan's teeth aren't too big of an issue and best of luck with the food storage. My mom is a saint and she brings up food storage with her when she visits because we can not get decent deals here in Texas.

You're seriously my hero!

Jocelyn said...

Food storage. Mine is a wreck right now. Grrr.

Jordyn -- I'm glad you're getting her down to Primary Children's. Call me about Green Smoothies. I wonder if it might help her digestive tract.

Regan -- BUMMER! That surprises me that she didn't make the team. I hope she gets lots of skiing in instead....it's a better lifelong sport anyway, right?! :)
Looking forward to seeing you with the appointment for her extractions. Tell Regs thanks for giving us an excuse to get together!

Life seems to be flying by. I wish we could just pause it for a second, but I guess when we do, we just want to get started back up again.

Love you so much.

Greg and Wendy said...

We, too, love your updates and from-the-heart thoughts and feelings. You are a great example of grace under pressure. Your orthodontist has done a great job with Morgan so you know you can trust him with Regs. Regarding basketball, all things happen for a reason and I was impressed with how great Regan handled the disappointment. Skiing sounds like much less pressure on ALL of you at this crazy time of your lives and lots of fun, too! Let me know how I can help when Jordy has her tonsils out and I'll be there to tend. We love you and admire your attitude so much. You've got a great deal on your plate right now!