Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Oh, I love this time of year!!  This season has been particularly great because our family has been studying Jesus The Christ in addition to our morning scripture study.  The Bishopric challenged every person in our ward this year to memorize the Living Christ document.  It's been challenging but well worth the effort and as a result this Christmas season has been more meaningful than ever before.  I feel like I know my Savior Jesus Christ a little bit better now and my appreciation for his birth, life, death, and resurrection has grown immensly.  One of my favorite parts of the Living Christ states:  He gave his life to atone for the sins of all mankind.  His was a great vicarious gift in behalf of all who would ever live upon the earth.  I know this is true and I want our focus to be on him this Christmas season.  I'm looking forward to a nice evening with our little family and grateful that we get to have my Grandma Johnson and our dear friend, Susan with us.  Some of our Christmas Eve traditions include:  a fancy dinner, acting out the nativity scene, a little talent show, a short movie, "magic sleeping potion" (hot chocolate), a quick reading of "Twas the Night Before Christmas," and then a quick scattering of Reindeer food on the snow covered lawn before we hop in bed.  Merry Christmas to everyone!   

3 comments:

Jocelyn said...

I missed you so much today!! I love you dearly and hope tomorrow morning is full of magic. I know it will be!

Love you love you love you!

Seth and Natalie said...

Merry Christmas to you to! I can't believe you memorized that. How awesome are you!

Greg and Wendy said...

Christmas WAS magic this year! Please remind me to ask you or one of the kids to state the testimony of the Living Christ. That is quite an undertaking but obviously paid great dividends.